You are here

Power in numbers

Missingme's picture

Ah yes, when l else fails, skids recruit the rest of the jealous family to the front lines to overwhelm the enemy (SM) and thus cause the DH to finally weaken and have to choose. Brilliant. 

Rags's picture

Nea

Winterglow's picture

He weakened? Why didn't he just tell them to bugger off and mind their own damn business?

MorningMia's picture

I'm so sorry. What happened? Is this an ugly  bump in the road or "it?"
They always ramp up around birthdays, anniversaries, and the holiday season, don't they?! I came to expect it and fastened my seat belt around late October for the coming assaults.  

I always called it "the army" that BM recruited for her useless war. They included their church people (bwah!) and extended family members. It was clear that the goal was to force DH to choose. They lost and have held tightly to their anger and resentment. It really pi$$ed them off when I told SS (in kinder words) that their false cries of "abandonment" and trying to force their dad to choose turned into a self-fulfilling prophesy. 

One thing that helped us enormously was going to see a good counselor together--one that DH chose. It took a third party to make it clear to DH that WE were the couple, I was the one there for him day in and day out, and that his ex and kids wanted him "there" but at a distance--at their beck and call but not in their day-to-day lives. THE MARRIED COUPLE COMES FIRST was the big message that was banged into my DH's conscious by a male counselor. 

Hugs & wishes for good luck here. 

Survivingstephell's picture

Our situation called for the same therapy approach:  the marriage comes first.  Duh!  Life is so much better because it.  

Harry's picture

DH it was his choice to divorce.. His choice to remarry.. Now it's not his choice to remain loyal to his DW.  and tel, his kids to drop the family.  That if he goes to kids house by himself.. bring his stuff with him. Because he not living with you anymore,