You are here

LMAO!!! DH crashing on skid’s couch

grace8205's picture

DH a while back told me he would watch skid23 dog for him if he ever needed. I told him that’s fine but no in our house since the dog is not trained and is out of control. DH did agree that he worries that the 100 pound puppy would destroy our house and knew I was serious when I said the dog cannot stay here. 

Skid is gone for the whole weekend and DH is at skids house babysitting the dog. Ever time I have been over at that house it has been disgusting. Dirty dishes with rotting food, garbage everywhere and not vacuumed. 

I guess skid clean up a little for DH’s arrival but it’s not overly clean. More than I thought he would do. 

DH looked so pathetic getting ready to leave to go to skid’s house, but I did not feel sorry for him. He was then hinting that he could bring the dog back to our house and he would watch him every minute and it would be fine. Totally trying to guilt me, but I was not having any of it.  DH does not even look after his own dog anymore for the most part, I do everything for DH’s dog. 

I said no twice and end of discussion.

DH will spend the night on Skid’s smelly couch while I am snuggled up in a king size bed with a heated mattress pad and 1000 thread count sheets. Careful what you offer DH.  Lol!

There is a light's picture

I love this story!  If dh wants to be a disney dad, let me.   I am glad you stuck to your word.   Next time he will not offer to dog sit  at his son's house.

This was a good bed time story for me.  Well done! 

grace8205's picture

DH walked the dog in the morning and came back to our house before noon to take a shower and of course left the dog at skid’s house. 

When he was home he said if we had a fenced yard (landscaping will happen this summer) that he would convince me to have the dog here because he would be outside most of the time. I had to tell him nothing could convince me. 

DH hung out with me for all of the day and part of the evening, and skid’s roommate was home over that time, but he went back around 8pm to walk the dog and spend the night because skid’s roommate spends most nights at his GF place. 

Well somehow on the walk to dog got off leash and DH is chasing the dog all over the neighborhood and the dog won’t listen. Texted me “ this f@cking dog. I can’t get him to come back to me and get him on his leash. This is such bullcrap, I’m so f@cking pissed off.”

And why would I want an untrained disaster of dog that doesn’t listen at our house? Not a chance!

Good luck DH on night 2.

sandye21's picture

I got up early so I could read what happened.  LOL LOL  You are doing the right thing.  I can tell you from personal expereince caring for SD's untrained big dogs that they always seem to find something to destroy, and YOU would be the one who would be caring for them.  Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow.  It will be interesting to see what happens when DH is expected to take care of them again.

Lynne 500's picture

It is great that you stuck to your first word and didn't allow your DH to push you into giving in. I should have learned to keep more boundaries early in my marriage and I would not be in the mess I am now. Good for you!

Rags's picture

Don't forget to text DH and let him know how comfortable you are.  Better yet... describe the negligee you are wearing and tell him if he can find his balls in SS's apartment to head on home (Leaving the puppy there of course) and he can go back in the AM to feed and let the dog out. Diablo

If the dog eats the SKid's house... so be it.

CANYOUHELP's picture

You go smart lady; you have definitely stood up for yourself....Enjoy your dog free quiet time...

SugarSpice's picture

skid sounds like a spoiled brat dumping her dog on her father so she can go and have some fun.  the poor dog not being trained is proof of this.  i just wonder when skid will tire of the dog and dump him. 

one of the skids wanted to adopt a dog or cat.  i would not trust this skid to take care of a a house plant.

fairyo's picture

My X did this soon after I disengaged, but with the grandskids. OSD demanded we babysit and when I said no he went to sleep over and slept in OSD's bed surrounded by their mess. She probably didn't even change the sheets.Now she has a dog and he has pronbably been taking care of that too but I m out of it... no longer my circus at all, I've thrown my ticket away!

sammigirl's picture

HEEHEEHEE....This is exactly what began my disengagement from my SD57....HER DOG! 

She brought her "male" dog into our home after I had requested that she leave him outside, while she visited.  Every time the dog came in, he raised his leg on my living room furniture and bed skirts.  I finally asked SD57 what it was that she didn't understand about my request.  

All hell broke loose and total disengagement took place.  Best day of my life (5 years ago)!

Hahahahahaha.....stick to your guns grace8105!  Good job!