You are here

Badmouthing me to MY kids

parentto2's picture

How would any of you react to the following situation?

GF and I got into an argument stemming from my daughter and her daughter arguing (both 11). I heard them and chose not to intervene because 2 days ago they were arguing and my GF told me that they need to work things out themselves because they are getting older now and she is getting tired of being a referee. So taking HER advice, I didn't say anything when they were arguing about clothes. My GF heard them and walked into the bathroom and started to stick up for her daughter. That made my daughter mad and she started to talk back to my GF. My GF then grabbed the hair dryer that my daughter was using away from her and said she couldn't use it because of talking back.
My GF then proceeded to pick a fight with me because of what my daughter did. I told her I didn't get involved with that argument between the girls because of what SHE had said a couple days prior.
The fight ended up escalating and near the end she goes to the living room and tells my older daughter "Your dad is a whole lot meaner to my daughter than what I could ever do to your sister. He is not nice to her at all, when you are not here he is just really mean to her all the time."
Seriously? What kind of person says that? If that were true, why would she even be with me? I do admit I am more strict than my GF when it comes to certain things, but they apply to ALL of our kids, not just hers. But to even say that about me to my kids?

Glassslipper's picture

NO adult should ever act out like that in front of or to a child! That is a horrible example your GF set for those girls about how an adult grown woman should act...

furkidsforme's picture

I would be disgusted with your GF's immature display. I hope she is disgusted with her own behavior. If not, that would say a world to me.

If she is truly mortified that she snapped and behaved abominably, then it might be a good gateway to open conversations about how to get in line with each other and present a more unified and united team effort.

Rags's picture

Call the locksmith and have the locks rekeyed. See how GF likes living on the curb with her children in the middle of the next polar vortex.

I would not force the presence that toxic GF on my kids were I you.

parentto2's picture

So here's a new twist or fuel to the fire that is shortening the life span of this relationship:

My GF called my daughter a b**ch! This was a couple days ago and my kids were back at their BM's house and I was trying to talk to her about what I had posted earlier. She said "She's a b**ch and she is not very nice". I guess her true feelings about my daughter came out, and what type of person calls an 11 year old kid that? I know they tend to butt heads, but seriously?!!

Rags's picture

Parentto2,

So, what are you going to do about it? You keep posting about repeats of the same behavior from this woman and yet you do nothing about it.

Do something. Really.