You are here

SS trying to move back in for the 4th time in 3 years.

Madamx28's picture

Yep, that's right, he's been out of this house for approx 2 months and already he's trying to weasel his way back in again. this time his claim is that one of the other tenants who live at the house he lives in went into his room and stole money from him therefore he couldn't pay the rent.

Yeeaaahhh....right. It seems this kid has major issues with this kind of thing, always someone or something not allowing him to pay rent or a bad landlord/lady who claims he didn't pay rent when he did. Then he ends up having no place to live and wants to live with us until he saves up to find a place.

Oh yeah, he also claims that he doesn't know if his boss will be laying him off for the winter or not so he has to take that into account when looking for a new place.

Why do I think he's trying to get back in here? Well, this past weekend was the Canadian Thanksgiving and we invited him and his brothers over for dinner. When he arrived he brought his backpack full of stuff with him. Then he gave this sob story of the same woman who robbed him also "stabbed" him with a steak knife when he knocked on the door to be let in because he forgot his key. Yep, she just opened the door and stabbed him, lol. Late he changed the story slightly and said it wasn't really a stab it was more like she scraped him with the knife. He never did show me the "wound" so who knows but my guess is that it's more like a scratch and I have severe doubts it even happened the way he's telling it anyway. Gotta remember, this kid is into drugs bigtime so anything that comes out of his mouth is highly suspect. So according to him the cops wouldn't put a restraining order on her because it was "his word against hers". What? Really? You expect me to believe that? She apparently "stabs/scrapes" you with a knife and the cops won't put a restraining order on her? Once again "bulls$*t"! Why doesn't he show them the "stab/scrape" mark? If he did infact call the cops the wound would be fresh (apparently it was on the side of his torso) and in a location pretty hard to do it yourself. And if he DID do it to himself what the hell is wrong with him? Either way there's something not right about this story.

So, back to what I was saying about this past weekend. He was nauseatingly nice to me, hugged me and thanked me for dinner (the only reason he thought to do that is because his brother did it first). He kept talking away about how horrible this woman that stole/stabbed/scraped him was and how he had to find a new place because he didn't think he was going to stay there anymore. I'm not stupid, and fell for NONE of it and I'm pretty sure his dad understands that this kid is NOT moving back under ANY circumstances for ANY amount of time. It's not happening and if it does either myself or him and his dad can get the f*#k out because I'm done with this game.

This kid is 23 years old and has a secure job (regardless of what he says because his dad got him this job and made sure there was no chance of a layoff over the winter.) I'm done with him. This past summer while he lived with us he stole from me, did nothing all summer but go fishing or drink beer, got drunk and threatened to kill me and just spoke horribly to and about me. There's no chance of him moving back. None. I'm done!

buttercookie's picture

He's 23 time for him to sink or swim, don't let him move back in unless you want a 30+ year old living in your basement. Even birds push their offspring out of the nest.

irritatedgal's picture

Is dh going to be any kind of obstacle to him not moving back in? Also when you make dinner-do NOT make his favorite food or be any more hospitable when he visits than you would be to someone you dislike. Make sure any time he turns on the TV, computer, etc. you make it clear that he is expected to ask permission. The less cozy he is in your home, the better.

ctnmom's picture

I love it! Always blaming other people for thier problems. I'm in the banking industry, you see this behavior a lot with people w/ bad credit. Their score never goes up, but it's not THIER fault, it's the finance co, the dept store,etc. I'm not talking about people who've had a major setback i.e. divorce, job loss, illness, because those people almost always bring thier score back up when the crisis is over. I really think bad credit is a character issue. OK , sorry for the long OT -Madame, DO NOT let him back in! At his age he needs to sink or swim. Sneaky jerk.

Madamx28's picture

LOL, I love that name for him, "sneaky jerk", it made me giggle. Of course it's also funny because it's true, he IS a sneaky jerk. It's been almost 2 weeks since Thanksgiving and we haven't heard from him but I fear he'll try it again at Christmas. His dad will NOT be an obstacle because I've made up my mind, if that kid moves back in I'm getting out. I'm not sure how I'll get by, probably will have to get a second job and find a place that will take both me and my dogs, but I'll do it some how.

I'm done with all the anger, frustration and unhappiness. I want and deserve so much better!

Thanks for everyone's comments! Smile