You are here

SS just threatened me. Not sure what to do about it.

Madamx28's picture

To keep a long story short, I came home from work tonight and got into a very heated argument with my Bf and his 23 year old kid. The 2 of them called me all sorts of names, basically ganged up on me (they both have been drinking). Anyway, I ordered SS to leave and he refused, his dad stood up for him. More yelling ensued and I got so mad I ended up telling SS that his mother was nothing but a drug addict (which she was) who died at 42 (which she did) and that the lifestyle that he is living is going to lead him down the same road (it will - he chooses to live in a tent and use our house for whatever he needs so he can spend his money on drugs). SS got very angry at me for insulting his mom and said that talking about his mom was the same thing as "marking my (your) grave". I got even more pissed and continued to tell him his mom was an addict, he continued to threaten me without coming right out and saying what he has planned. He did mention about gathering his brothers together. His dad was so drunk I don't think he understood or will even remember the threat, but who knows if SS will.

I was going to call the cops right then but they said if I called they would both leave but they would also call the cops on me and lie to them in order to get me removed from the house. SS eventually left because I kept insulting his mom but before he did he us both to have a "pleasant slumber" and he pointed at me when he said it.

He's gone now and who knows what the morning will bring. I dont know where he is right now and I have nobody to turn to. Any ideas?

Anywho78's picture

I'd go stay with a friend or find a hotel to stay in. If your BF was so intoxicated that he won't recall what happened, he'll wake up wondering.

Sounds to me like it's a volatile situation...be careful!

Is this your home that you guys live in or his? Is it rented?

If I were you, I'd be counting my lucky stars that I wasn't married & hit the road! Having your BF side with your adult SS in insulting you is NOT acceptable, drunk or not! Who needs enemies when you've got a BF like him?

Madamx28's picture

Just paid the rent so I have no money to go anywhere and I can't get ahold of anyone tonight (it's after midnight here). I have no credit cards anymore thanks to BF's poor money habits. We rent our place but the rental is in my name only, so are all the bills. I reminded them both of that and neither one of them would leave. Trust me, I'm glad I'm not married and as soon as I get a second job (or a new one that gives me more hours) I'll be gone but until then I don't know what to do.

I really, really want to call the cops tomorrow and report the threat, but I don't know if that's wise. All I wanted to do was come home and go to bed because I have been battling a headache all day, but instead I get this. We actually got along alot better before SS came back into our lives 2 years ago, but since that time things have gone downhill. BF won't hurt me, but SS obviously hates me (he claims I hate HIM and his brothers - which wasnt true but now I'm not so sure, esp about him).

Anywho78's picture

I hope you remain safe & that you can feel safe again in your home. Your BF may not physically harm you but, him attacking you with & in front of his son has done emotional harm, I'm sure.

I'm sorry you're "stuck" at the moment. Please be sure to lock all of the doors & windows. The threats may have been idle but you certainly don't want that toxic personality in your home tonight!

Do you think your BF will remember any of this in the morning?

I'm hoping that you have a nice HUGE dog who gets agitated when you're stressed out...that always helped me when my XH got drunk & verbally nasty! LOVE my dog! He'd curl up next to me & growl if my XH came within 10 feet of my location. Neither the X nor the dog ever actually got physical, but the point was certainly made! It was especially awsome because all my dog is normally interested in is fetch so the growling really threw the X off!

Madamx28's picture

Thanks. LOL, I have 3 bichon frise's (small dogs) so no protection or intimidation but they are definitely cuddlers.

Yes, it has done emotional harm but luckily I'm very strong so it's not as hard for me as it could be for some. Still, I know I don't deserve this and the ganging up on me really hurt.

Yes, I've locked all the doors and windows and to be honest I really don't want the kid in my sight ever again. He should never have gotten involved in our argument in the first place. I also found out tonight that BF has told him all about our difficulties in our past - things that he really shouldn't even know. That hurt too!

BF will probably remember the fight but I don't think he'll remember the threats made by his son. I don't think he really understood what his kid actually said to me.

gemma40's picture

get out as soon as you can. Sleep in your car if you have to. BF allowing SS to treat you like this is bad enough - but to side with him in this is unforgivable. Sounds like a no win dangerous situation you need to leave before you are hurt seriously.

good luck and stay safe

Madamx28's picture

Wish I could sleep in my car but we only have one car and it's BF's. I tried sleeping tonight but as you can see it didn't work. I'm not so much worried right now as I am very hurt and angry. I can't afford this place if BF leaves, but deep down I'm hoping he DOES leave. I told him multiple times tonight during our fight that he and his kid could leave but he said he wouldn't leave until morning. Once morning arrives, who knows what will happen - but secretly I hope he does even though it means I can't afford my rent anymore.

That ganging up thing really bothers me. So did all the nasty names that came out of SS mouth in regards to me. They both told me that neither SS or his brothers want to come to our family BBQ we have scheduled for Sat Aug 13 because none of them like me. BF and I have been together 11 years, I raised his kids when they were young, but tonight when he asked SS if I was any kind of parent to him he said "no".

This all hurts so bad. Sad

Madamx28's picture

I'm Canadian.

Obviously I didn't know it would all turn out this way. When I first met him 11 years ago his kids were very young, the problems only arose after his oldest moved to our town 2 years ago. He had been living with his drug-addict mom for 5 years and when she died of an overdose when he was 20 he decided to come live with us. He lived with us for approx 18 months out of the 24 he has been here and during that time he has done nothing but come between us. He refuses to leave the room when we talk, he goes everywhere we go when we go on trips and there's just a basic lack of consideration or respect for BFs and my relationship. That's how it all started really falling apart.

Madamx28's picture

I'm trying out get out, but I need more money in order to do that. Ive been looking for another job so I can stand on my own two feet but it's a challenge to do that right now. I keep trying.

Btw, I'm NOT excusing BF's role in being responsible for SS behaviour, I was merely pointing out that he may not remember what SS said and that makes things harder in morning when he has no clue what I'm talking about. Nope, don't get me wrong, I fully understand he allowed his kid to say that to me in my own home, and that's part of the reason I'm so hurt and angry.

As for insulting SS's dead mom, I only pushed it to that when the kid wouldn't let up on me. He was insulting me about as loudly and as horribly as anyone could and his dad just stood there doing the same too. It's not something I would normally do, I just wanted the barrage of insults to stop and when I touched on his mom, it pissed him off enough that he decided it was time to leave (something I was repeatedly tellihg him to do but he refused over and over). I felt absolutely powerless in my own home.

Most Evil's picture

Oh this is just way too much to be expected to deal with! I hate drunks, my dad was a drunk until he finally was forced to stop!! I hope you have some form of protection ex. shotgun? if you are attacked in your home. You must draw the line here and leave if you are in this kind of danger!!!!!!!!! HUGS

briarmommy's picture

As soon as they both are gone at once call the person you rent from and have the locks changed, your name is the only one on the lease so you can evict him. Call the police as soon as he is gone and tell them what happened and how you feel threatened, get a tempory order of protection and get the locks changed. Then talk to your person with the rental agreement again and inform them of the order and your place of employment. Bing bang he is out of there and will arrange with the police for a time to come get his stuff. You have the power because everything is in your name, use it.

Madamx28's picture

Yep, I was thinking of doing something along that line. Wish his dad was leaving too but he's looking for work so he doesn't leave in the morning. I'm in the process of contacting my landlord about what happened, I want a copy of the lease. It's law in Canada now to contact the police if you are personally threatened with any kind of violence and I've already got in touch with my manager to let them know.

Madamx28's picture

SS doesn't live here, he lives in a tent in a field (by choice) and comes over here all the time to use our shower, washing machine, cook his meals etc, all without paying a dime (he says he doesn't need an apartment of his own). He also stays way past his welcome in the evening so BF and I get no time to ourselves. I come home from work and he's there until almost bedtime, then he leaves and it's way too late for anything else between BF and I.

neversecondplace's picture

Do what justamom suggested....Oh honey i feel for you. Please be careful. Get the landlord to "evict" you. Great idea. Wink

Madamx28's picture

I'm working on it. Dropped off my resume for a f/t job today. If i get it I'm hoping to be able to work it around my already p/t job. If I have 2 jobs i can afford to live on my own.