You are here

T-Minus 1 -

dood's picture

- and counting.

The last time skidly was here = craptastic weekend. Let's see if good ole dood can be surprised for just one time, and proven wrong on the subject of skidly - just this one time. Perhaps then I wouldn't want to run away or hang myself during these super fun, weekend visits.

dood's picture

Thanks, Jasper Smile Too early to call it.

I'm going to go out on a limb just one more time and semi involve myself with him. That is to say, we will go out to dinner together tomorrow night (with a couple of friends as a skid buffer - I'm on a limb, but not a half sawed limb). I know that sounds like nothing monumental, however, note that even this - simplest of things - have in the past been just a complete nightmare. (The distant past... distant because I've had an "I don't do anything At All with skidly" thing going for damn near a year now). He's just a wasteful, secretive, uber-super sulky baby kid who, sucks the joy out of pretty much anything.

So in effort to 'support my SO" I have stepped up a tiny bit in effort to try to do something "Fun" (his words) with skidly. I have very low expectations here.

Let's see if this weekend can end without the (habitually impending) post-skidly fight sessions with SO.

Rags's picture

Hang yourself dood? That is entirely unimaginative. My vision when I am at the end of my rope is doing hits off of the tail pipe of my car. Laying on the floor of the garage with my lips wrapped around the tail pipe.

That shows how irked I would be with a situation that drove me that bonkers. A very short note next to me on the garage floor or in your case .... "Ugh ... I just could not face another Skid visitation weekend."

But hey. I was the custodial SP in my blended family adventure. I think I built up an immunity to exhaust fumes over 20+ years. Wink

That and my son (the Skid) and my bride have been just about an absolute pleasure to make a life with.

Calm deep breaths and take care of yourself.

dood's picture

Hahaha - Nice visual Blum 3

It's great that you're one of the happy/success stories here... I'm really certain I won't be one of those, but still nice to know it really can happen, and has. ( applauding ) Smile

And yeah, well nah - I probably will not really hang myself Smile Admittedly, I am more the hang someone else type of gal.. I guess a lot of the inner-friction stems from that fact. A fact SO knows all too well.

After the last visit from hell, SO and I had a 'conversation' well, an argument during which I reminded him that any weirdness, friction and the palatable anxiety we all shared was squarely on Him. I have made my hot button items no secret, and he knows that I do not like it when DS is here. I have told him point blank what I do not like about these visits, and precisely what he can do to avoid any more aggravation with Moi. He seemed to understand, but that jury is out, too. So again, we shall see what will be.

I work very hard all week in a very high stress/high pressure environment... I LOVE my weekends... and I resent having to spend them with anyone that... well, that sucks. No Drama. Please. None.

ahhhh happy thoughts...

dood's picture

Last night was uneventful... But Friday nights typically are - dinner/TV/bed. The real deal begins today...
Thanks for asking Smile

dood's picture

Smile Thanks Jasper

Yes - I alwaysssss have an out during these weekends! I almost always go out the entire day, up till around dinner time and my BFF and I hang out. Tonight I thought about us all going to dinner... we'll see how he behaves. Keep in mind this kid is 14 - but he behaves like a 7 year old most of the time. His father has rosier than rosy colored glasses and has all the standard retorts about his behavior... he's a kid... he's bored... he's whatever. There's always a reason.

Frankly I was beyond surprised that he even came this weekend... he came on the last scheduled visit but hadn't been here for about 3 months prior. Turns out the Bowel Movement went away this weekend so looks like skidly had no choice but to come here... I guess the proof of that will be 2 weeks from now. I had gotten used to him not coming here. Not sure what the end game will be yet.