You are here

Finally able to read through blogs, I still like this site, do I even belong?

butterfly2010's picture

I have off from work today and decided to look through some blogs on here. Some of the blogs are making me wonder if I even have enough trouble to be on here. I feel very badly for many of these ladies, and I realize my situation could be so much worse.

I am also troubled by a couple of posts about a member who apparently started a really big problem on here. I am not sure of the whole picture so I cannot take sides, but it seemed she angered quite a few of you. That being said, is there a proper way to vent about issues on this site without causing an uproar? I do not want to offend anyone or say something wrong or that can be misconstrewed.

My story is this: DH and I have a child together (BD4) and am expecting (just found out recently). He also has two children from a former girlfriend (sd10 and ss6). The children are a Godsend, very well behaved and great students. The problem is with BM and her current Boyfriend. Neither pay attention to my stepkids, only to the boyrfriend's two children (both girls, twins, age 11). BM has them fulltime, we have EOW. The poor kids don't want to leave here to go back to BM! They really dont like BM's boyfriend or his children (no real reason given as of yet---we are still trying to talk with them about it). BM has no problem with me at all, in fact she calls me for advice about her own children!

This problem began about six months ago, when Bm's boyfriend moved in with them. DH and i have been married four years, without any real problems. Now all of a sudden, BS starts.

TheWife's picture

Of course you belong!!

I don't have a situation as bad as some others as well, but there are times when BM just GRINDS MY GEARS and I have to vent...

There are varying degrees of blended family issues... and advice for all of them...

~*~When you kiss ass, your breath smells like sh*t~*~

GiGi222's picture

Of course you belong. Yes this is a place to vent, but we also talk about the good stuff as well. Sometimes its good to talk to people who really know where you are coming from. Welcome Smile

stepmom008's picture

Of course you belong Smile And I wouldn't worry about what you post. Post what you feel and if somebody gets their knickers in a twist about it, that's their problem.

"There are two things over which you have complete dominion, authority, and control over - your mind and your mouth".