You are here

Creepy SS odd behavior???

CarmenZ41's picture

SS15 has been living with us full time for the last 4 months. BM "needed" a break. Anyways that's another story.. SS15 is almost Obsessive with DH. No SS was not like this with BM. Now before anyone says anything SS15 was like this before he came to live with us so that has nothing to do with it. 

First as soon as SS15 gets up in the morning he's looking DH. No reason just wants to know where DH is. SS15 does the same thing when he comes home from school. SS15 also needs like three or four hugs from DH a day. Again no reason except for a hug. SS15 is NOT just an Affectionate kid. More Clingy and needy for DH.  SS15 NEVER asks for a hug from me or any other family member except DH. 

If bored SS15 will follow DH around like a dog. I came out of the shower to talk to DH when I heard DH come in the bedroom. SS was right behind DH good thing I had a towel on!

I know teen girls can be Clingy and needy but teen boys also? 

dragonfly878's picture

My SS14 is like this... he literally sprints out of his room to greet DH when he gets home from work. I started making comments about their married-like dynamic (DH allowing SS to be a mini wife) and only then did DH start to set firmer boundaries with SS. 

Shieldmaiden's picture

I had a coworker who used to do this. She latched on to me one day like a tick and though I  tried to be kind and let her know I was not looking for a friend... she still followed me everywhere. My nickname for her was bobblehead. She had floppy hair like a muppet and used to bobble her head up and down in an odd way. She would follow me to lunch, to the bathroom, and once I caught her following me out of the employee parking lot, until I went in circles to lose her. Some people have obseessive tendencies and it makes it hard for them to have normal social lives. I felt bad for her at first, but then I got tough because I have a right not to be followed and stalked. Your SS needs some serious therapy. What if he starts stalking women?

floralsm's picture

Yep both SS and SD are clingy with DH. DH even described SS as needing to 'vent' his affection to him because he hasn't seen DH for a week probably. Kisses and hugs. SS gives me a hug though but it's more of a 'well better give Floral the respect of one too' sort of thing. Sweet boy.. but yeah loads of affection for DH. 

SD is a bit more manipulative and Mini wife with DH with her affection but I ignore her and walk away. I don't have a DH problem with this as he always leaves her and follows me for a kiss and cuddle after infront of her. She gets annoyed at that, but annoys me how she still tries to ruffle my feathers with it. 

Maxwell09's picture

SS and BS can be like this sometimes. I think it comes from a sense of entitlement after oversharing. Like when they were both toddlers I would explain to them "DH is going to work, he will be back at X time." to make transitions easier for them as younger children and now that they are older they expect to be told where each of us are going and how long we will be there before coming back, etc. As for affection, I think SS is not as affectionate as your Skid, but he has his moments (when he comes back from BMs attention starved) where he gives us hugs for no reason. BS also gives us hugs more like your SS does, but that is because he has a fear of being left out or not being good enough because he is heavily criticized for his ADHD behaviors. Both are searching for validation in their own way so DH/I have to verbalize, "We love you/We are glad you are back home, now go play" or "DH went out and he will be back when he is back" and "It is okay not to know, he will be back." 

Rags's picture

Yes, boys can be clingy too.

Time for daddy invoked boundaries IMHO.

If he won't set them, you set them. Tell him he enforces them or you will and neither he nor the StepSpawn will like it if you have to.