You are here

Another run in

weightedworld's picture

So we had a very laughable halloween experience. Gma said she was going to come see the kids... holy shit it's been 8 months. She doesn't actually show up. I was livid because simply.. WHY!? After 8 months, why now. And then she doesn't show. Funny. 

We go trick or treating and there is events going on in the park, games for kids ect. They have a trunk or treat set up on main street next to the park. Were going through the vehicles and collecting the candy but who do we pass coming down the opposite side of the road, Grandma! With the neice, her parents, and her aunt. Didn't even achknowledge, kept right on going. 

Afterwards we went to the park, they all make their way over.. there is no reaction for any of the kids (the little kids after 8 months don't even know who these people are) they just go about their way and are irritated by these strangers. 

Now all of a sudden.. the neices birthday is coming up towards the end of the month, his estranged daughters birthday is coming up (talk more on that later) and oh by golly.. Christmas is right around the corner.. here is the date and give the list for Christmas gifts. 

My brakes are haulting, im screeching down the road, thinking EXCUSE ME!?!?!?!?!? 

1. His mom was the only one to show up for ours sons first birthday party.. I feel like doing what they did, drop the gift off during the early morning hours and not make an appearance. 

2. I really am having a hard time with the idea of Christmas. My kids don't even know them. Their dad has had heated/yelling arguments with his mother to see the kids and she has flat out refused. 

He is so hungry for his mothers attention that he wants to go and feels it's Christmas and he just wants the big happy family scene at least for one day. (Gag!) 

She called last night and manipulated all of his court info and new job info right out of him and I suspect it is to give to his ex. 

Am I wrong to want to and follow through with telling them all to get screwed for Christmas? My kids don't need their bullshit smiles and gifts from strangers they have created themselves to be. 

I get so wrapped up in this situation because it is my own of course but then I look around me and it doesn't seem all that un-normal to tell you toxic in laws to screw off and cut them from your life.. not that I have to do much cutting, they have been hacking away for quite awhile themselves now. 

He has not seen his daughter going on a month now. This next weekend should be his weekend to have her. Her mother is refusing to speak to him along with not allowing him to speak with their daughter either. Will see how it goes. His mother has been getting her and keeping it from him that she has her. (Side note.. he did receive her report card in the mail they are graded 1-4, 1 being the lowest and 4 the highest. She has 1s and a few 2s. It blows my f'in mind that they will not get this girl help! I understand it is the 1st quarter of the year but at this point she should be showing improvements from the beginning of the year and she is flat lining the charts. A part of me just has to laugh because Dad himself still has a hard time believing that their is anything to worry about. But for the love of god.. why can't any of her people give the slightest of shit about that girl.)