You are here

And more not saying NO to THE ALBATROSS

SecondBest09's picture

Now I've learned that even though he did tell THE ALBATROSS no he can't keep the kids Fri, he had to make it sound like it was an outside obligation. (re: my original post about this subject http://www.steptalk.org/node/22434) He told her "he had a dinner date that had to be pushed back from last Fri because he had the kids. Otherwise, it would have been no problem." So the dinner date is with me, but I know that he is trying to make it sound like a work obligation to her. It wasn't "pushed back" from last Fri. It was just simply planned for this Fri. She never provides an explanation for him, why does he feel he has to provide one and if he DOES feel like he needs to provide one, why can't it be Secondbest and I have plans. End of subject. And to top it off, he and I have started doing P90X together. The kids apparently told her and now she is asking him to make her a set of the DVD's because SHE has sooooooooo been wanting to do it herself. She whined that she "obviously can't afford it herself." (Because she chose to go back to school full time after getting laid off last Oct instead of finding another job.) Of course, her and her boyfriend (they live together) can afford to go out to the bars and drink and we've seen them ourselves at least 3 times over the last month. Instead of telling her "you can purchase the CD's by paying $39.95 for 3 mths...perhaps you could give up a night or two at the bar?" he says "I'll see if I can make a copy." Is there NOTHING sacred that I don't have to share with this woman????

Additional edit after original post:
The more I think about this, the madder I get. I’m trying to decide what I would have liked to have seen done in this situation. Like I said, this is the ONE thing He and I are doing together that in no way does, or SHOULD, involve THE ALBATROSS. I have decided that I would have liked to have seen this response to her (or some similar variation.)
“No Albatross, I will not make you copies of the DVD. I paid $150 for them and I work hard every day to earn that money. I provide 100% for our children even though we have them 50/50. You made all the choices you’ve made over the last 3 ½ years and you are in this situation by your own doing. If you want to do this program soooooooo badly, then I am sure you can think of way to get it for yourself. You can make payments of $39.95 over a period of 3 months. Perhaps giving up a trip or two to the bar would provide those funds? It will also help with the weight loss situation as you will be consuming less calories by staying home and not drinking. In the future, please keep your requests to things that solely relate to our children. What Secondbest and I do on our time is our business and you really don’t need to know how it is going. (she asked him how the program was going) I understand that the children relay information from household to household and that is unavoidable, but just because you find out that we have something you want, doesn’t give you the right to ask for it from me. Thank you and have a good day.”

Too harsh? Oh, and I showed him this website when I posted another topic and I really don’t care if he comes on here and sees this. Maybe he will have a wake up call if he does?

Mommyto1Stepto2's picture

My DH always has to tell BM what our plans are or why we need to switch - WTF? - Why does he feel it necessary to explain it to her???

SecondBest09's picture

My sister thinks it's never going to change unless SHE gets involved with a man that doesn't like the continued interaction she tries to have with SO outside of things relating to the children. Her current BF is a douche bag that is just along for a free ride. Can't hold a job, cheats on her, etc.