You are here

ADVICE NEEDED!!!

hurt_girl's picture

Hello I'm new here but I am so glad I found this website. I feel like I have nobody to talk to about my issues and no one understands my situation.

First off, I'm not a step mom oficcially, but I feel like it sometimes. I'm 26 years old and I've been with my boyfriend for almost two years. He is everything to me, I love him so much and we plan on someday getting married and having a family. However, he has a 9 year old son and an ex that's just beyond a bitch! His son is great and I get along great with him, but his ex is too much to handle!

We have his son most of the time because the BM is too lazy to take care of him and because the boy also hates being with his mom because of how she is so he is always complaining that he wants to come with dad. Like I said I like having his son around but there are times I want it to be just us. Is that wrong? I get so upset when it's her weekend and she drops him off for us to watch him. I don't even know how to talk to my boyfriend about this becasue he automatically assumes I don't want his son around. I feel like the boy is a little spoiled because all it takes is a phone call to daddy crying that he wants to come visit. Grant it my boyfriend is good about saying no when we have plans together, but I feel like I have to keep planning things in order for us to have time alone. I swear his boy would be with us all the time if I didnt plan time alone. I'm tired of planning things, i just want to be able to be at home by ourselves. Am I being selfish? How do I talk to my boyfriend without sounding like a bitch? I'm worried because it is getting to the point where I'm starting to not like his son because it feels like he is always around. What should I do?