You are here

Worried about sd10 meeting my friends

kishjo2004's picture

I know that this is silly, but I'm terrified about sd10 meeting my best friends. We are preparing to go on a group vacation and I know that she's going to do something that bothers me. She still sucks her thumb and wets the bed from time to time. She tells stories about how her mother goes clubbing and her cousin that's a stripper (she's taught her a few dance moves too). When we go places, I always give her a peptalk on speaking properly (she says "dat" instead of that, der' instead of there, dis instead of this, etc.), refraining from sucking her thumb, and what's acceptable behavior.

Any tips?

kishjo2004's picture

LOL! I don't know why I commited to this without easing her into things. It's going to be a vacation to remember, hopefully in a good way.

instantfamily's picture

Easing her into it wouldn't make it easier IMHO. My skid, almost 11, just cannot hold it together when we're at my parent's house. He acts like a jerk 9 times out of 10 and we haven't quite figured out why. Sometimes kids just suck. Have a good vacation and if the kid is being a turd, just tell everyone "at least you don't have him everyday!"
Good luck!

kishjo2004's picture

Thanks. The closer that we get to the trip, the higher my anxiety level. It's almost like waiting for a ticking time bomb. My bio kids are no saints, but they do know what's expected of them.