You are here

Looking for advice

tessa12's picture

I'll start with saying I am both a mom and step-mom. I'm having trouble keeping the ugliness and hatefulness of my husband's exwife out of my head, not necessarily out my life. She's quite and polite to me and my husband. She posted a picture of my nursing newborn (nothing inappropriate in the picture) on her Facebook account (intended to share with her children -- a picture of their new half sibling). Someone wished for a child, and she said, here, take this one.

I'm having trouble getting past this...It just pains me that my husband married someone capable of doing something so cruel to a child. Say what you like about me and her ex, but a child is innocent in all of this. I would never post pictures of my stepchildren let alone say something so nasty about them. I respect their privacy and my family's....just looking for some thoughts and advice. Thanks.

ncgal1980's picture

I wouldn't confront her directly. I'd show DH what she had done and then step back and see what HE plans to do about it. His reaction (or lack thereof) would say a lot.

tessa12's picture

Thanks, that's exactly what I did. He was livid with her, and she denied everything. I guess just stepping back and trying to keep it out of my mind is the best thing to do.

Orange County Ca's picture

She posted it on her Facebook account and denied doing it? Who did she think did it some anonymous hacker? Facebook should pull it down if asked.

My best advise to you and husband is not to visit her Facebook page and block her from yours. Even her friends know she is full of bile and don't believe utterings like this.

Rags's picture

Block her from your FB page and do not share any info with her that could be used without your permission.

Congratulations on your baby.