You are here

SKID manipulation

ohfreakingwell's picture

Anyone else's skid call their father "DADDY" only when they want something or get something? DD16 does this...it is so transparent it makes me want to barf. She even "tweeted" something about how she does that. Fucking annoying.

hereiam's picture

My husband is always suspicious when my SD22 calls him "Daddy-0".

fedupstep's picture

LMAO...oh yes...my sd15 spends our visits talking in a baby voice that makes me want to put my fist through a wall. A few weeks ago I had had it and said 'what's wrong with your voice? Do you have a cold or something?' She stopped...for a while, but she now knows I'm on to her. I celebrate the small victories in our house. Smile

Not the Brady Bunch's picture

Yes. Daaaaaaadddd---eeeeeyyy and with a slight hint of flirtation. (I just threw up in my mouth a little thinking about it.)

tnic779's picture

yup yup...its a constant. And bats her eyes and tries to climb in his lap at 9 yrs old. BUT he's just as bad, posts things like "spending time with my daughter" on everything. If I had to boast about parenting does that include posting everyday that I spent time with my BS? or tweeting I just wiped my sons butt so everyone knows I'm with him? GRR makes me crazy!!

Jsmom's picture

Okay once in a while I will call my Dad 'Daddy". But, honestly I live in the south and it just comes out. We have a healthy relationship and I have not taken a dime from him since I moved out for college over 25 years ago.

I think it depends on the kid and the relationship if it is unhealthy. For me, it is not, it is what a lot of my friends call their dads and I really never stopped calling him that. Usually it is just when I am hanging up from him on the phone. He lives very far away and I only see him once a year.

ohfreakingwell's picture

This is a verrrry different situation. If she just called him Daddy here and there whenever, it would be one thing. But it is always "THANKS DADDY!" in a baby voice when he gets her something.

tnic779's picture

extremely different! I call my Dad, Daddy, and I agree original southern raised its common but not like my SD does! Hugging my dad bye or checking up on him usually ends with I love you Daddy, its not for attention. I don't butter him up with it, she NEVER calls him daddy unless he is distracted from her or she wants something

Maxwell09's picture

My DH cannot stand the baby voice and that's what BM and her family talk to ss in. When he comes back he's talking like them. We spend the first day correcting. He's asked her to stop but she just makes it worse now that she knows it bother him. Owell. What can you do?!