You are here

How do I emotionally disengage?

MamaKrzewski's picture

Why does this situation affect me so? Whenever I hear about babymama, I tense up. If she's aggravating my household enough, I get furious. I honestly wish she didn't exist. In light of what her eldest daughter did this past weekend, I don't want her in the house. But I feel bad for my SO. Not that he saw them much to begin with, but I feel like it's going to fall on my head when babymama refuses to let him see his kids. He's so convinced that this woman has the legal right to do whatever she wants to him, or that he's going to have to pay thousands of dollars in legal fees just to have his rights respected.

Part of me feels guilty. But part of me does not, and I want the drama to leave my household.

Why am I so disturbed, and how do I learn not to care?

Lovepets's picture

:? It is such a difficult situation. I am on edge all the time! If the BM call :sick: if she doesn't call :O I just wonder when she will. It is so exhausting. I hope it gets better for both of us. Good luck and best wishes. It helps just to vent once in awhile.

desperateinalabama's picture

Are you talking about my DH...sure sounds like it. Especially the part about "He's so convinced that this woman has the legal right to do whatever she wants to him". My SD17 and SS18's BM still tries to manipulate my DH by using the kids. I am very vocal when I see it happening, but it is just as much HIS fault as it is hers. I am the one who ends up getting their feelings hurt because he wants to look after his kids EVEN if the BM is being manipulative. That, I just don't get. BM can only do what DH/SO allows to disrupt household. My DH and I have been together for 6 yrs married for 3. If it wasn't for BM issues, life would be great for us. It is hard to detach, because DH/SO doesn't understand when BM disrupts the household, it affects you and how you feel. That SHOULD be important too. They just don't get it and I don't think they ever will. When you are with someone who has kids from a previous relationship/marriage, you inherit the BM an all her baggage too. Wish I had an easy fix, but I don't. I guess that is why so many of us come her to vent. Sad