You are here

disrespectful skids

wicked stepmother9's picture

SD 20 is exactly like BM (VERY MANIPULATIVE & is the only child we didn't have custody of) They are turning all the other skids against us one by one. We have skids week on week off right now and SS16 will do ANYTHING to not have to come over to our house. SS14 sooo disrespectful!!! Using the F bomb on facebook, then him and SD20 making fun of DH on facebook when he tells ss14 to stop using his potty mouth. I am soooo sick of DH getting hurt!!! 4 out of 5 kids are so disrespectful to him. They all talk crap at bm house all week and with SD20 and its all just a big joke!!! I can't take it anymore!!!

duct_tape's picture

First, you and your husband should stay off facebook. Here's why. If you didn't know these things on fb, they wouldn't hurt you. If they didn't hurt you, the kids would stop. They want to get a rise out of you. As far as the kids ganging up. It's a pack mentality of even families. They want to please the ring leader so they themselves can remain intact. Sort of how young kids will side with a physically abusive husband/father.

Your husband needs to be matter of fact and display an image of not giving a shit. He needs to send a clear message to them. If they don't want him to be their father, they should just stay away. Why are they coming there anyway?
You can't be a doormat if you don't lay down.

Amazedstepmom's picture

I think the dad recently who shot the kids computer for being an ass on fb should set the example on this one. Maybe not to that extreme but something to get the kids attention.