You are here

Won't have to see 'them' this Christmas - Thank God!

BobbyDazzler's picture

My OD hosts Christmas at her house. OD sent a text message out to all of us including her OSB/wife and YSB giving the time on Christmas day we are gathering. Everyone replied but OSS or his wife (Prince and Princess of Narcissism). A week after the text, OSS calls my DH to tell him that they are also hosting Christmas at their house and says "you're invited as well but I'm sure you'd rather go to ODs house". OSS would have his inlaws (don't care to spend any time around them) and my DH's exwife and her husband. Even if my OD wasn't hosting, we wouldn't attend. After OSS talks to DH, the Princess of Narcissism replies to the group text 'we won't be attending as we're also hosting Christmas this year'. NO ONE in the original thread responded to her text *biggrin*  We are all so relieved when these a$$holes don't show up. It makes the holiday that much nicer.  As spiteful as it sounds, I'm so glad everyone ignored her text reply. 

DH tells me *we* should go to OSS/wife's house christmas morning to give the kids their gifts.  I said 'did they invite us to come over??" (sidenote:  they have NEVER invited us over, DH always has to invite himself)  "No, he didn't invite us".  Uh, then no. I'm not showing up at their house on Christmas morning. That would only give them fuel to make us out to be insensitive clods.  AND, if DH wants to bring the gifts over, he can go himself. I'm not ruining my Christmas morning by wasting it on people who can't be bothered with DH or me.

Crazy how the holidays can really shine a light on the personalities of people. 

I hope everyone's hholidays go as smoothly as possible within your own Stepparent lives. Cheers!

ImperfectlyPerfect's picture

Happy ending for you ! Good on you and enjoy your relaxing, happy and wonderful holiday !

Elea's picture

Congratulations! If only I were so lucky this year. I'm half lucky, OSD26 will not be gracing us with her presence but YSD24 ... ugh, that's an entirely different story, she'll be here. bleh