You are here

The Duke and Duchess of Narcissism won't be here today!!!!!!!!!

BobbyDazzler's picture

Yipeeeeeee!  My husband and I decided to have a quiet Thanksgiving for once.  We've had a houseful every Thanksgiving for many years.  This year, we're taking a break. I let my 3 kids know 'no dinner' but you are welcome to come over for dessert at 3:30-ish.  All of them, including my youngest SS, are fine with that.  The OSS raised his voice at his father (during a phone call) when he was told 'it's just dessert this year; we're taking a break'.  Duke of Narcissism said "I never heard of anything so stupid! Why should I got to someone else's house for dinner then leave to go to your house for dessert?!" I was so proud of my husband who very calmy responded 'come if you want to or don't, it's up to you. I'm just letting you know what we're doing this year'. That was 2 weeks ago. The A%%hole texted his father at 11:30 this morning (Tgiving day morning) to let him know they won't be there.

Thank God! My kids and I don't like them and when they grace my husband with their presence it's awkward for everyone.

One more thing for me to be thankful for.  If you celebrate the day Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Rumplestiltskin's picture

"Why should I got to someone else's house for dinner then leave to go to your house for dessert?!"

Why indeed? Don't come! Lol.

AlmostGone834's picture

We are having a quiet Thanksgiving this year too. I'm still making the dinner but just for DH and I. 

There's nothing wrong with stopping by for dessert. Sounds like a nice low/key get together. Your SS is a jerk.  

Catmom024's picture

Lol...i think that's called the garbage taking itself out.   

Quiet and lovely Thanksgiving Day here as well with just my SO and I. 

BobbyDazzler's picture

I like that..."the garbage taking itself out". 

Harry's picture

Had to give up those apple pies at McDonald to come to your house fir dessert?   No way.  

MorningMia's picture

Congratulations! (I'm coming in late on this one.) The Duke and Duchess of Narcissism = I love it! (I can't imagine ever talking to one of my parents the way your SS spoke to his dad, especially after an invitation.)