You are here

Has anyone gone after BM for filing a false police report, any advice?

notthebradybunch6's picture

Just found out that while SS10 was in the custody of BM and with MGM they filed a police report alleging I tried to run him over with a car. MGM apparently witnessed it and the report I was told was based on the complaint of the child. This is a TOTAL fabrication. If there were any charges forth coming it would have to be assault with a deadly weapon. This happened 6 weeks ago supposedly, and I have not heard anything about it. I am hoping that the police reviewed their video surveillance tapes (we swap in the POLICE DEPARTMENTS parking lot- which goes to show how stupid these people are for even filing the claim). From what I have found online the penalties for filing a false police report depends on the offense claimed. My husband, the SS10's father was in the car, he knows nothing like that ever took place. The real story was this was our first swap since the ex lied in court to get temporary custody of the boys, claiming they were in danger at our house. We pulled up waited till the boys were touched by the BM and her posse, and then we took off. I will say that BM, MGM and SS10 did make a move towards our car (no where near the front of the car or even within 3.5 of the vehicle at a minimum) and that was the reason I sped off, to avoid any confrontations or needless antagonizing banter. I am so fed up with this sh*t. I am a substitute teacher and girl scout leader, if this crap shows up on my background checks and prevents me from doing the things I enjoy I am going to lose my mind!

reallifedrama's picture

I came here to Steptalk for something similar to you. My SS said I hit him, which was a lie. Luckily for me, there were no charges. I am a teacher, and I need clearances as well. Just an accusation alone shows that you are under an investigation.

Here's my advice to you, you need to stop going along to pick up the SK. Second of all, you are probably better off having a lawyer help you out on this case. You can contact legal aid. This is not a case where you want to take any risks with obtaining evidence and a lawyer can most likely get things moving that you will find difficult (such as obtaining the parking lot video).

I wish you all lots of luck, and please, stay away from the SK, and the BM! If your husband needs a ride, have him get it from someone else.

StepMomTaxi's picture

How was it that you were made aware of the report she filed? Did the police contact you? Was she doing it like a "Matter of Record" just to document it or was she filing it seeking to have charges filed?

Reasonably, if she filed the report seeking to have charges filed, you would have been contacted by the police immediately or relatively soon after it happened.

Also, usually Police Departments have video surveillance outside of their buildings and in their parking lot.