You are here

Has anyone gone after BM for filing a false police report, any advice?

notthebradybunch6's picture

Just found out that while SS10 was in the custody of BM and with MGM they filed a police report alleging I tried to run him over with a car. MGM apparently witnessed it and the report I was told was based on the complaint of the child. This is a TOTAL fabrication. If there were any charges forth coming it would have to be assault with a deadly weapon. This happened 6 weeks ago supposedly, and I have not heard anything about it. I am hoping that the police reviewed their video surveillance tapes (we swap in the POLICE DEPARTMENTS parking lot- which goes to show how stupid these people are for even filing the claim). From what I have found online the penalties for filing a false police report depends on the offense claimed. My husband, the SS10's father was in the car, he knows nothing like that ever took place. The real story was this was our first swap since the ex lied in court to get temporary custody of the boys, claiming they were in danger at our house. We pulled up waited till the boys were touched by the BM and her posse, and then we took off. I will say that BM, MGM and SS10 did make a move towards our car (no where near the front of the car or even within 3.5 of the vehicle at a minimum) and that was the reason I sped off, to avoid any confrontations or needless antagonizing banter. I am so fed up with this sh*t. I am a substitute teacher and girl scout leader, if this crap shows up on my background checks and prevents me from doing the things I enjoy I am going to lose my mind!

20YearsAsAStep-Mom's picture

I don't understand why SM's go to the pick-up or drop off. That just antagonizes the situation. STay away and noone can accuse you of anything.

Rags's picture

In my opinion the issue is as much that you speeded off as it is that they made a false report. SLOW DOWN when you are driving in parking lots around kids.

Okay, as for the report .... go speak with teh officer in charge of the investigation and inform them that the exchange was made in their parking lot and should be easily viewable on their security camera network.

Do not delay..... and SLOW DOWN!!!!!