You are here

question regarding returning to court

krich1990's picture
Forums: 

Ok so a little background. My husband was given custody by CPS due to bms meth use and neglect in feb 2013. May 2013 he recieved temp full custody with mom only fetting supervised visits and ordered to gollow CPS orders. September 2013 ge recieved full custody, bm is possessory conservator, which means only visitation. The papers stated she was to complete parenting classes in 6 months, take a hair follicle test within 24 hours of being asked by my husband to every 3 months, and supervised visits in our home only for a year, with mutually agreed upon visitation after a year of clean drug tests. After the year, we made her complete a 4 month step up plan. In january 2014 we let her have standard every other weekend with split up holidays that werent so long.

Fast forward to now, shes still bat shit crazy, still harrassing, so we are taking her to court to get her every other weekend set in stone. She h passed all drug tests but took them super late every time, never completed parenting courses, misses numerous visits, and has paid zero on her half of medical costs. Hes in speech, occupational, and behavioral therapy and that adds up quick. She is stating that she will be rebuttling with 50/50 custody.

Does she even have a chance of that? Hes never even been with her more than 2 days, thats all she can handle, and refuses to miss work to have a visit.

momandmore's picture

If she doesn't want the little time she has now, I don't see it but I am NOT an attorney.

Why didn't she have to prove to the court or the CPS case manager that she completed those things and in a timely manner before getting EOWE back?

krich1990's picture

The court papers stated after a year they would have mutually agreed upon visots, which our lawyer basically said what we felt comfortable giving her, so we made her work up to eow over 5 months. They are very high conflict and she gets on these little piwer trips every other month where she thinks shes queen b and doesnt have to listen to my husband and hes sick of it, so we werr going to have her eow put into papers and have it ordered all communication is to go through our family wizard, and that they will return to mediation vefore he begins kindergarten.