You are here

I called Deceased Dad's wife's attorney

Booboobear's picture
Forums: 

Today to find out if he still represented dad's wife or If i should serve her directly, and he said yes he was still representing her. The disturbing thing is Im either real stupid for not believing his lies or real stupid for not believing that his lies may actually be the truth. I am baffled by how dumb he thinks I am or maybe I am real dumb for not believing it. He keeps telling me that the judge is going to throw out the will and prenup right off the bat and so all that is null and void!?    I just dont believe him.  the alaska court sees it as a valid will and prenup but in new mexico where his widow filed no will and tried to get PR for herself, her attorney says that the judge is going to throw out the will and prenup, because she says dad burned it.  I told her attorney that dad did not burn it, and it would be very easy for a wife to go in file box and destroy a will, but we still have copies of the will and prenup that lists dad's intention on giving all pre marriatal assests to the daughters.  She already gets the $350K that she tricked himout of because she said she wouldnt get his social security, plus social security that she will get, plus a paid off house in new mexico and all his personal belongings, but we do not want her to get his two houses and two properites in alaska.  The attorney says that the wife is entitled to all of his belonings plus 45K and if its in alaska, all of it plus 100K.   Hes really trying to trick us to give up.  am I dumb for not giving up or what?

Booboobear's picture

SSH, I'm going to believe your advice!  But so far the daughters have to represent ourselves, because our lawyers sat on their asses until dads wife got PR!  so we fired them

Rags's picture

Get new attorneys.  In your case I would rather give every penny to attorneys than one micro cent to your father’s potentially murdering gold digger former wife.

Dont give up.

IMHO of course.

Booboobear's picture

OK then rags Im going to prepare for the hearing in NM plan on driving there for hearing and get my sister who is named PR to fly from Alaska and come with me.  

Rags's picture

This has to be beyond comprehension a heartbreaking and stressful situation.  I am not in any way making light of your loss or of the difficulties you and your family are having coordinating all of this from Alaska and in getting everyone who should be there to attend.

You don't want me there, though NM is a beautiful state.  I tend to piss off judges with direct fact based logical discourse.  Judges for some reason take exception to that.

I hope that you can drive the outcome that is best for your family.

Good luck.

Booboobear's picture

my sister lives in BUSH alaska with no electricity, no water and only nail mail to get stuff done, my dads new will would name me, but dads wife wouldnt produce it so we only have old will naming sister. 

notarelative's picture

Do you have any idea of who the lawyer is who drew up the will? They might have a copy of it. 

disrestep's picture

I am very sorry for the loss of your father. 

These type of situations I always find baffling, because instead of next-of-kin respecting and honoring the deceased person, they are more interested in who gets what, how much and feel they are entitled to all the deceased person's assets. IMHO it is just so sad. Would the deceased person ever want all this greedy fighting to go on? I doubt it? 

I can see this type of scenenrio happening if DH passes before me. Adult skids always hated me, and they have no respect for DH-he was always an ATM to them. I am a bit younger than DH, but not an gross amount younger, as he had skids at a very young age. There are many couples where the wife is younger. That doesn't mean they are not in love because the wife is younger. It doesn't  mean the wife is using the older husband.

Adult skids have some sort of sick sense of entitlement. When DH sold his home and assets, they felt entitled to all the proceeds and told him he could not sell "their" house? What? "Their house" they never paid for one dime of DH's home or assets. It was sad to see all the greed come out in them. That showed DH another side of them he said he didn't like.

Here DH is trying to prepare himself to enjoy his retirement years and the adult skids are getting all angry DH is selling off what they believed they were entitled to. Really sad.

so, we never know all sides of the story unless we hear all sides of the story. Adult skids will spin it I am sure to say the same things, as in this story,as they are evil. They will say things like, "I made DH sell his home/assets" which is so false-all DH's idea and I don't need his financial help. They will say, "DH never wanted them left out of his will" again, so false, as this is what DH wants.

Every situation is different. But, honestly, when someone is gone, that is terrible enough. Why add all the drama into it of "I am entitled to this - she isn't entitled to that." ? 

Booboobear's picture

Well, disrestep, hopefully your DH wont die from a blunt force to the head, and you wont file INTESTATE(died with no will), name yourself executor when your DH had a will that said he intended to get a prenup, and then a prenup that you signed that says you will NOT be executor, even though you will be getting over a million dollars from your DH including a paid off house in New Mexico, you lie and perger yourself  to keep his children from getting the land in Alaska that their parents homesteaded and the homes that he built while they grew up, that he left to his kids in his wil, cause thats what happend to us.

Booboobear's picture

We are not arguing the over a million that she will get, everything after marriage.  we accept that.  we are arguing to keep the alaska properties that he had before he got married that he willed to the daughters.  she is trying to keep the daughters from the alaska properties.  

YOU WANT US TO LEAVE HER ALONE TO GRIEVE HER HUSBAND?

shamds's picture

you and get their client everything. He could be given a will by your dads lawyer saying his client purgered herself and he’d still claim he isn’t aware and thats fake because his client says none existed.

so don’t get suckered by what her lawyer says. Stick with the facts and evidence ok

Booboobear's picture

Dad's widow lied to the court when she said there was no will.  there is a will and she knew it. I gave it to the court and they gave her a cease and decisit letter with the PR duties.   The court is going to give PR duties to my older sister.  

Booboobear's picture

I wonder if the bias of some would be the same if the roles were reversed, If a mother wanted her sons to have two of her four houses, made a will and had her new husband sign the prenup to give the boys the homes, then the stepdad after her death, filed INTESTATE(no will exhists) and tried to keep her sons from getting the two houses that their mom wanted them to get, even though he got two houses, then creamated the mom and had her funeral when the boys couldnt go, after a questionable death.  Would you still feel the same way, that the boys are to keep their nose out of the dads new wealth and not even try to do what the will says?  If this happend to your son or daughter, would you tell them not to do what the will says?