You are here

Do you think this will have an impact

SUNFLOWERGRL's picture
Forums: 

Well, if you read my post about BM sending me letters in the mail addressed to my fiance but generalizing all the complaints and bad things that happen to their daughter towards me. Well of course I sent back a letter to her, addressing her personally. Basically I just told her what i thought of her. I pointed out all the times their child needed stitches(she is only 2 btw), her cat scratches and so on and so on. Well, I am still waiting for her to reply. Now she has a very evil lawyer. Then again what lawyer isn't except the one we had.Damn push over. Well anyways, Do you think by me personally attacking her back will have an impact on my fiances case? Even if I do not have a say so in the courts I still have a say so. I mean, no one can attack my parenting skills or what i do in my home. She is the same woman to have called Child protective services on me. Which nothing happened. My fiance is set for trial March 13th and he does not have a lawyer. So i am really worried that he is going in without a fighting chance anyways. He gets his daughter 4 times a month and she complains that we dont have time for her. I have 4 kids of my own and we have a daughter together. Not to mention I am 8 months pregnant. So she is trying to use that against us? I am just really worred by me blowing up at her will have a significant impact on the case. I do not think the judge really cares about all the picking that she is doing towards me but I don't want to rock the boat anyways.

Chel Bell's picture

Went through the same thing as you, and it did not impact the case at all, the courts don't really want to hear about it, even if you were defending yourself. BM, was doing the same thing to me to make my life hell, I ignored her for awhile...then it all just got out of control, and I wrote her back and really let her have it. Nobody cared, even though the e-mails she sent me were read by a judge... to be honest I should have whacked her when I had a chance, she never stood still long enough (ha ha ha), and now she is "afraid" of me..? The only thing that will end up happening is that alot of angry words will be said and she will drag you down to her level and you may lose a few brain cells in the process of arguing w/ her. Smile Chel.

steppie1999's picture

As my DH's lawyer puts it...When it comes to dealing with all the back and forth BS..."It's just a big pissing contest" and doesn't mean a thing.

"I prefer my life STRESS FREE...When you're STRESSIN'...You're STRESSIN' me"

SUNFLOWERGRL's picture

I am glad that it wont have an impact on anything. I am not going to drag myself down to her level but I basically told her what i thought about her so maybe now she will back off. I just dont want to jeopardize my fiance chance with his daughter. But I am glad that i am still able to defend myself.

"Still waiting to get my life back"

Rose's picture

That we as SM's dont even feel as though we have a life at all, just for being with a man who has a kid. I mean, who has the right to make you feel like that, its like we dont have a backbone to stand on in courts, although half the time were the one dealing with all the BS crap. Judges should start listening to us SM's about what is really goin on with these crazy B**ches.

Its not like we get into these relationships because we want drama in our lives. We fall in love and boom were in like flynn. Ridiculous!!!

I have had it up to my ears with my spouses ex. After almost 3 yr's of not being with him, she's still bringing up arguments and past situations with him from when they were together. WTF! Get over it already, and move on to the next train woman.

Austen's picture

To paraphrase Judge Judy: No man should show up for court in a child custody case without a lawyer. The courts aren't supposed to consider gender, obviously, but judges aren't blind.

Can't you cobble some funds together to hire one?