You are here

California visitation question

ms_peterson's picture
Forums: 

If a parent does not show up when they are supposed to be at a location for exchanging the children, what does the other parent do? We are dealing with an especially volatile bio mom who will use any opportunity to try and make my DH look bad. She wanted to meet him at their meeting place earlier because she has plans, but it would take away some of his time so he said no. He told her he'd be there at the regular time and she said she wouldn't be there. Just in case she actually tries to pull this, and then tries to show up with the police later (because she WOULD), what do we do if we go to drop the kids off and she isn't there? How long do we wait? Do we file a police report?

simifan's picture

Buy something small (like a soda from McDonalds when you get there & get a time stamped / dated receipt. But something before you leave & again get the receipt. If she's never no showed before I would send an quick text or email after she is 15 min late & I would give at least an hour the first time something like this happens. This proves you were there & trying to keep to the order.

ms_peterson's picture

So what if the BM straight out told him she won't be there? We know he needs to go anyway (because she might be trying to get him to NOT come on purpose to get him in trouble), because the order says she gets them at 5pm Saturday due to Mother's Day on Sunday. He told her that was fine, he would return them the next day (Sunday) at the time they usually meet. She said she wouldn't be there then either. I feel like she's going to try to trap him, so we just need to know what we need to do in case she tries something.