You are here

You know its over when?

ynotc2's picture

The SM does absolutely nothing for the SD birthday, not even a card or a "Happy Birthday".

ynotc2's picture

sorry Foxie you would lose the bet. Just the opposite I have backed up SM when SM and SD has issues, after all she is the parent however I have never had backup when issues between myself and SS arise. She always backs up SS no matter what situation.
In regards to the birthday I believe that it would be a very spiteful person to use that situation to prove a point. The SS birtday was just 1 month ago and i made sure I went out of my way to show that I still care and love him.

caregiver1127's picture

I agree with SA maybe she thought you were going to get a card and gift and add her name - since I love to shop my DH never knows what my SS (his son) is going to open for his presents I actually taunt him and say so DH - I bet SS is going to love this gift what do you think? The look on his face is priceless cause he has no idea what he is going to open - but this is SS's father and I buy the gifts if you have been buying the gifts for your daughter maybe your DW just thought you would add her name - unless there is underlying issues that you have not told us about - usually women do not get nasty unless toyed with!

violetforest's picture

I have to say, if you marry a person with kids there is more of an obligation than just being polite and not slapping them around.

I wish I could believe that train of thought because my life would be so very simple. Not having to be concerned about how they feel, what stressers they are under. the schools and goverment expects me to take responsibilities for my stepkids and do it without having any actual rights. Step parents are obligated in many ways, doesnt really matter if we understood what we were up against when we got into it.

purpledaisies's picture

I agree in the eyes of the law and everything and everyone else we are NOTHING to our skids!!! Or so I've been told my bm so may times and she says it is to be crystal clear! Although she still doesn;t understand why I don't buy anything for HER kids after saying this. See that is the problem they all say we are nothing except top give and give and give when ever there is a time to give. Or my fav. is I need you do this or that b/c I'm too busy and your dh is at work. I don't think so!!!

You need to talk to your wife and see what is up instead of assuming!

violetforest's picture

well we had to do financial aid and the gov. took into consideration the income from step parent even though we don't have any kids together.

as for fines, my hubby works as a cop and he has on several occassions had to serve the step parent along with the parents for kids not attending school, and such.

My insurance company takes into consideration my step kids even though thier mother has vehicle insurance also. My insurance went up when step son who lived in the house not on my insurance got his driver's license.

I had dental insurance and in my hubby's court order it states that as long as we are together and the dental is available I need to maintain the coverage. His mother also has to carry it if available also.

I as the step-mom is named in their custody order but am not able to have a voice in the court room and there are items listed in the court order that I have to agree to or my hubby could be held in contempt. So I have no voice on the decisions but I have to put up with the bullshit.

You are fooling yourself if you thing that your not responsible for your step-child.

Oh another one is IF you pass away and you have stepkids, the pot of money from social security that goes to your kids also gets split with your stepchildren EVEN if they have two income making parents that support the chilren. Trust me this is bull shit. Read some of my past posts and you can get more info.

NewBeginning's picture

Well - I'm sure I'll get flamed but I'm not caring too much right now.

SD turns 20 in 2 months - I don't intend on doing a damn thing for her..nadda.

Why you ask? Because I choose not to. She has spent several months building her case against me..steals from me..lying about me..so why in the hell would I honor her on the day she was born?

Because of what she has done, I want her to realize her actions have cost her a friend and that's me. I never tried to be her parent and I did my best to be a friend to her sorry ass only to get trampled on repeatedly. I found out late last year she had contacted one of her dad's ex girlfriends and told her to call him..gave her his new # and said he would be single soon. At that time, he and I were planning our wedding...DH was livid and told the woman to fuck off. Then chewed SD's hind end for it.

Is THIS someone I want to honor on a birthday? I think not. I want someone to know I'm thinking of them on their birthday..how special they are to me. I feel a bundle of nerves each time this little trite walks in my home and can't wait until she leaves.

I want to leave no shadow of doubt to her here...her actions have caused this. Nothing else. I want her to know you cannot treat people like shit and have them come to your aid regardless. One day she'll realize just how much she lost out. She'd rather side with her drug seeking, alcoholic mother and make me out to be horrible.

So be it. I'm done with celebrating anything with her ass.

NewBeginning's picture

Oh I'm sure DH will want to do something special for his princess..what I feel he should do is have her committed to a nice padded room cell. Give her a mirror to spew her hatred at because she is the one that hates so horribly. Let her speak to herself so she can see how others are perceiving her.

She's 20 now - there will be no special dinners coming from me..no card..no phone call..nothing. And if she asks why, my plan is to tell her why. I'm going to explain that there is no way in hell she could like me..her actions have spoken that time and time again so I'm only reacting to her behavior. You can't treat people the way she does and expect presents. And if she asks for birthday money, I'll tell her she already got it when she put her grimy hands in my purse last weekend. Only thing was it had no sweet birthday wishes with it. Or remind her that when she took my pearl earrings and probably hocked them that she got at least $100 out of them.

I'm sorry - but she's a total bitch. Feeling very vulnerable tonight and I'm sick of anything that has to do with her.

Rags's picture

The kid turns 18 and ages out from under the Visitation order. No more polution by the toxic SpermClan.

Yah Hooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Biggrin