You are here

tell me if I am crazy

lala 515's picture

I walk into my step daughter's room one morning (my fiance has primary custody) and she is putting on a shirt. she has a white tube top thing on and is putting shirt on over it. i ask "what is that?" she says "my training bra.." :jawdrop: she is 6 y/o she has nothing to "train" her Mom bought it - 'goes with a shirt that has the back out" again she is 6 y/o...back out???!!! OMG!!! I freak out - handled it all wrong- later made amends and explained my opinion- you are 6 what will be a rite of passage when you DO need a bra? she understood that i was talking age appropriate things that 6 y/os don't need bras and we compromised she only wears it with the shirt it came with and only at her moms house b/c i can't handle seeing her in a shirt with the back out...i don't even want to go there. This happens a lot in our house- Mom buys them things out of age range - for instance 6 y/o got a cell phone for x-mas then realized it is no fun when you have no one to call...so she asked to have something else. she what we are up against? the mom makes me nuts.

GoodbyeNormaJean's picture

My SD4 lives with BM 50/50. On BMs weeks she goes to daycare and we pick her up on Friday at daycare. Last week DH picked her up in a short skirt and kneehigh boots. I could see the bottom of her buttcheeks peeking out under the skirt. She's 4. And mom will undoubtedly feel the néed to mention that I trimmed her bangs out of her eyes. Bring it on bitch!

She texted yesterday asking for an extra day this week after she cancelled having her an extra week for one on one time. Can't wait to see if she shows up or if she tries to change
plans at the last minute.

Disneyfan's picture

What is wrong with a kid wearing a back out shirt, halter (not strapless) or tank top in the summer? I'm 43 and I remember wearing all of those as a kid. All of my SDs(4,6, 13) and my nieces (6, 12) wear them now.