You are here

So done. But what about bio kid..

Bluebirds77's picture

I am so done dealing with my husbands child and her grandmother. Her mother passed away. Yes I feel empathy for her for that. But I cannot fathom living the rest of my life feeling this way.  I would leave in a heart beat if not for my son Diablo who loves his dad more than anything.  How do you know when it's "time"? Here's the shitty part.  DH daughter is living with her grandmother, not going to school, does not have a job. I'm afraid she will never be able to live on her own. Last year he offered for her to go on vacation with us and I just can't do it again.  Life's too short.   

Bluebirds77's picture

That is supposed to be a #6 as in 6 years old, not a devil after the word son LOL 

Bluebirds77's picture

I agree. To save my own sanity, I agree! I work hard at planning and budgeting for vacations and deserve to enjoy them! 

ESMOD's picture

Her stepkids are minor children.. I don't think it's 25 year old people she is talking about.  

The situation is screwed up really.. her husband is such a poor parent.. he isn't even raising his other two biological kids.. and we wonder why THEY are screwed up.  then he has a new family and is going to toodle off with them on vacation?

I'm not saying I would be thrilled as OP to have teens on the trip that may not be the most wonderful kids to her.. but SHE married this guy.. and the guy has minor kids.. and it sucks for him to leave the parenting to his parents.. and not do things like vacations with his kids.

CLove's picture

Submitted by Bluebirds77 on Thu, 07/09/2020 - 1:28pm

4 & 7 / skids are 17 & 19.

So skids are technically adults. The big clue for me was that one skid lives with gma and wont get a job.

At this point, your focus should be on your little ones. Skids are adults and they need to launch, but thats not for you to be concerned with. You are venting, I get that, and Im sure there is a lot that you are dealing with that is not mentioned.

What are you asking for advice on? Another vacation offer (nope) or is it something else?

smto2kids's picture

The fact that your husband is not raising his kids but has decided to pawn them off on grandma is already bad enough. Excluding them from vacations would be just adding insult to the injury at this point.

Rags's picture

Particularly over a spouse and young children.

DH needs to stop prioritizing his failed family progeny over his young childrne and his wife.