You are here

SD 13 coming to us Sat - Sun - advice welcomed

Drama3zone's picture

Hi

I posted previously that SD17 & sd13 recently left DH and I to go and live with BM (after 8 years of living with us) SD17 heavily influenced by BM who hates me and so situation got bad and DH did say to her apologise or go and she went. So she hates both of us now and no contact since that day a month ago. DH has been texting and calling SD13 - me and SD13 always had a good bond, I cared for her from 5 years to 13 years and rarely did we have any real bother - but I did have to let go of 'parenting' my way as she got older as DH not backing me up and BM making the most of the slightest conflict between us. SD13 has not contacted us since she left and when DH calls or texts her its all 'one word answeers' and she goes silent after, making no conversation back, and just seeming bored and basically quite rude. I felt so bad for DH last night, as he was asking if she wanted to come for a visit and she just kept saying 'I'll see' - in the end he said he would just come and get her at 1pm on Saturday. She didn't appear to pleased - I know her BM is getting to her - she is now living with her BM and sister who both hate us so I know she is in a difficult position - BUT she is still old enough to realise that DH and me cared for her for years while her BM followed her new man around like a groupie - leaving her kids to the adults to raise. She should have loyalty to her dad - and to some extent yes, me as I cared for her as well as I could and I am not a hard woman by any stretch of the imagination - I did try - probably too hard.

So my question is - how do I deal with her on Sat - I've already told DH I am 'out' of having ANY responsibility for girls - totally disengaged.
But I will be here and I know she will be 'wierd' and distant with me - which will hurt and piss me off - I know also that DH will be trying way too hard and that will annoy me too.

Not looking forward to it - advice welcomed!

Drama3zone's picture

Thanks - I have two sons with DH (half brothers to SD's) and so they will want to see her - after all for their whole life they have had their sisters here and now none! My sons are 4 and 1. I would definitely have just made sure I was out but with boys that is difficult - I have arranged to meet friend for 'playdate' on Sunday morning and we will have lunch so that takes me till about 2pm on Sunday - Im sure it will be fine, but the first visit here with this new situation will be strange - after all since she was 5 I've been her full time parent - she has spent more time with me than her mum and dad in that time - urghhhh - it's just picking up on all those 'vibes' and trying not to be affected - it's about letting it unfold I suppose, as no matter what BM pulls in the future - as far as I am concerned she pulled her girls out of a stable home and she needs to step up now until they are sdults, left home, married whatever. There is NO WAY I will pick up the pieces when and if she abandons them again!! If she was able and willing to be.a parent why didn't she just do that all along!?- maybe she just let me do the hard stuff when they were little and now they are semi adults she wants some company as her partner is now working away for months on end. If DH tries to get me to let them back if it goes tits up then he will have to divorce me - no way, not going back!

RedWingsFan's picture

I just went through something similar on Sunday with SD14. Hadn't seen her since June and since DH and BM are in a battle, DH decided to push visitation. She walked in the door and INSTANT BAD MOOD. I felt like jumping out of my skin and running far away. It was uncomfortable, awkward and nauseating to say the least.

I don't want her thinking that she can run me out of my own home, and she's agreed now to come over every other weekend. Unfortunately, now I DO feel like running and will likely make other plans during her weekends. Even though we're openly communicating and "getting along" now, I still feel off.

Drama3zone's picture

Yep - that will be it! Coz it's all false "hi how are you?' "good and how are you!" "good" .................................................
Awkward pause and tumbleweed!