You are here

schools out for the summer

Gmama's picture

does anyone have skids that live out of state and you get them for the summer?
i'd love to hear how it all works for you?
we get SS (who is 10) 6 weeks and it's not long enough time for him and his dad to be together, but yet it seems long enough for MY daughter who is also 10, she sure doesn't like her space being invaded,or sharing,she seems to get very stressed out and threatened by him? love to here if anyone else has the same issues and how you handle this????????? this SS is not new to her, we just go threw the whole adjusting thing EVERY YEAR.

everythinghappens4areason's picture

Hubby and I have decided that skids are not coming for summer holidays this year, just remain on the EWO schedule.

This decision is based on the fact that BM has tried to overtake our home life and there is sooo many problems with BM when the skids are here that we are putting ourselves in first place this year. The skids also go through our things and take info back and we walk on eggshells the entire time they are here on weekends.....

So when we made this decision....I seriously did a big fricken HAPPY DANCE for real!!! Smile

Our schools are not out for another month...but I think your return to school before ours do, right after the labour day weekend.

Corie