You are here

Pt 2: nice text from BM - KNEW she was up to something!

melissity's picture

Tonight my skids came home from a few hours with bm after school. The first thing SD10 says is "my mom showed me what she text you yesterday." my response was just "mmhmm."

After she came back out of her room, I said "It really bothers me that she showed you that text. There was nothing bad in it, but it was between me and her. I'm not saying she didn't mean what she said, but her actions show me that she sent that text message for the wrong reasons. She did it so she could show off more than doing it out of the goodness of her heart."

which then led into a big discussion about sharing information and being nosey and talking about other people's business (both girls like to do this a lot). They are good kids but they need to learn to not to "tattle" on their parents.

So we'll see how it goes.

msg1986's picture

Sounds to me like BM is trying to make good in front of her kids to show she is "trying".

I wouldn't have even gone into it with SD. If her mom wants to be immature and include her kids in adult convo's so be it but you don't have to... although I do see that that was a good time to teach that you don't go around being a gossip.