You are here

Last few years rant....

The big G's picture

Hi, I've not been on for a few years, muddling along as you do. Things weren't great but not unbearable until...

OH proposed and we are getting married. Since SD16 found out shes been hell on earth.

Shes a bridesmaid and threw the biggest tantrum ever when she found out she isn't chief bridesmaid. The way shes been acting shes lucky shes invited.

SD16 has also been abusive to DD6 and favours DD5 buying dd5 toys and giving them to her in front of dd6. SD16 has gone out of her way to cause arguments' in our family since she found out about the wedding. I've tried to involve her, let her choose the bridesmaid dress etc, I've invited her boyfriends family to the wedding at her request, but no matter what i do she seems determined to be miserable.

Since i started i might as well continue ranting....

Also SD16 has finished school now, i think she should get a part time job or do some chores is this unreasonable?

She is also leaving used sanitary towels in her bedroom for weeks on end, i refuse to clean them up and wont let my kids in her room. I get so paranoid that i am being unreasonable she also leaves toilet paper on the floor and dirty knickers around which she knows i find gross.

advice appreciated x

misSTEP's picture

Congrats on your engagement. Your FDH needs to get this crap in check. It's his daughter, HE needs to deal with her inappropriate actions/reactions.

As far as her leaving that stuff in her room, either make your FDH clean them up (he will quickly make HER do it), dump them onto her bed, or go to the pet store and buy a bunch of bugs (crickets or whatever) and dump them out stating that bugs are coming in because of her filth. }:)

The big G's picture

Wish he would get her in check, but he has always babied her. Created a spoilt monster. I suppose i feel guilty i cant like her, I've tried over the last 10 years bit she is just unlikeable. Shes rude, taught my children to swear, dirty and unhelpful. Even dh struggles to find positive things to say about her. I know he feels guilty as her bm is a junkie dealing waste of space but what hes done is just created a brat. If i say anything i always get the same comment that "you are always picking on her". Out of curiosity does anyone else get shot down if u make a comment, no matter how positively i put it x

Calypso1977's picture

its your wedding, your attendants. you should be choosing ladies who are closest to you and care about your relationship. why is this child even in the wedding at all?

why are you letting her dictate the guest list?

The big G's picture

I know, suppose i am just keeping the peace/ not trying to make it any worse home here. Just wish she was more like me and move out at 17. Again wishful thinking. Out of curiosity do any of u feel guilty for not liking ur skid? X