You are here

Is it just me or is this just ridiculous?

Justustwo's picture

So a few days ago it was MIL birthday, on the way to her birthday breakfast DH says we have to stop in at a store to get a card as he hasn't done so yet- when we pull up he looks over at me & asks could I go in and get it for her because he couldn't be bothered. My response was no, she's not my mum it's not my problem, so after sitting there for a minute or so we both got out of the car and went it.

Needless to say he didn't care for actually looking for the card either, I picked the card and when we got out to the car he asked could I write in the card as I have neater writing. He was telling me what to write and then says write 'love from us 4' meaning him, myself, my daughter & skid. I sarcastically just said how about I jut write you and I because that's who it's from.

Why am I expected to sign skids name on everything, she is not part of my family, she doesn't live here, she blows in once every month or so yet I'm expected to act like we're one big happy family.

Just like Christmas time, I had to put a Santa sticking up and a ball with her name on it on out tree when she wasn't even allowed by be to spend Christmas here- WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT?

It's so irritating, does anyone else go through this and if so, any funny sarcastic ways to respond?

Justustwo's picture

Who wants to be reminded of skid who's not allowed to spend Christmas here, way to put a damper on it! Good idea, it will be misplaced by this Xmas.

Well I did sign from DH and I and of course at breakfast MIL asks in front of everyone- where are 'the girls names' .. I just scoffed and said 'next time DH can write it'. She must of sensed the ridiculousness because she then finished with 'well at least DD's name' :sick:

Justustwo's picture

I think it's the height of stupidity too. Haha thank you for the suggestion, that will be my response next time. SD has a mother, they can sign cards together all they like.

zerostepdrama's picture

I think for Xmas cards I sign Me, FDH and my BS8, even for the ones to FDH's family. It's how all the cards to everyone (even my ex MIL- BS's grandma)are signed.

My take is that his kids dont live with us. They are old enough if they want to send an Xmas card, they can. But I am picking out the cards, signing them, addressing them and mailing them out probably all on my dime. I will sign them how I want.

Plus I dont like that whole "lets act like one big happy family".

rx2_loco's picture

I'm uncomfortable signing cards to DH's family. DH asked me one time (because I write neater) but I said NO, I'm not comfortable doing it because MIL doesnt even acknowledge my existence or my childrens existence, she only acknowledges DH, SS14 and SD16. DH was good about it and understood. He did ask if I wanted to sign my name and my kids names on card, and I told him that I would sign my name, because I was present (and I am polite), but at the time, my kids were with their BF so I left them off.

Funny how such a simple task can make you want to chew the card and spit it at them instead. lol

Justustwo's picture

Up until a month ago MIL & SIL still spoke to BM, lovey dovey texts and facebook messages- god knows what else so she can send them cards from her and skid herself. I feel stupid signing her name on cards when she is rarely even here.

Also, the two other skids to BM1 who were the result of teenage pregnancies are never even mentioned- no one ever see's or talks about those two, no one asks me to sign their names on cards so why is this skid4 so damn different? It makes me furious.

Next time I sign anything ill go right on with it- DH, me, DD, skid4, skid8, skid9... We'll see how everyone likes that, bet it will be a while before they ask me about names on cards again!