You are here

Unnecessary skid tattoos.

Justustwo's picture

So I wonder how many others are consistently reminded of their step-situation? Quite frankly it's starting to drive me a little crazy.

I deal with the picture on the fridge of skid, it actually manages to curb my appetite so kudos to that! And then there's the mobile phone that is used for daily contact with skid that sits on the kitchen bench. AND then, there is the large tattoo that takes up half of his hand that is constantly staring me in the face- at dinner, while we're driving, when I wake up every morning, even when (sorry if TMI) we're getting intimate, I see it and it makes me literally cringe & want to role over and go to sleep.

Just needed to get that off my chest. Yuck.

herewegoagain's picture

yuck...

Justustwo's picture

DH has my name tattooed on him twice haha. I feel annoyed at the thought of this skid hand tattoo popping up in all future photos, even those that are taken of our child when the time comes. Ugh.

Justustwo's picture

Yuck! I would too be getting a laser removal gift. Can't exactly ask him to remove skids name..

SanAntonioSoccerMom's picture

I think when you marry someone with kids you will be reminded of them every day, they are your husband's children. Did you expect something different?

GhostWhoCooksDinner's picture

The kids will always be there, but you don't want to be staring at tattoos of their names or faces when you're getting intimate or whatever. My ex had a huge tattoo on his stomach/chest area- it was a huge heart with his and BM's names in it, with their 4 kids' names in smaller hearts around the big heart. BARF!!! Hope his new wife likes it!

SanAntonioSoccerMom's picture

Oh people and their tattoos. I guess that is risk you take when you get with someone who has kids and tats.

Justustwo's picture

Sometimes I would just like to grab a mars bar from my fridge without having to look at a mini version of his ex wife. Same goes for wanting to get sexual with my husband without wanting to stare at skids name, it's enough to kill the mood!

SummerMomma719's picture

It's bad enough we ARE reminded of them every day so to have to see a tattoo of there name or something is just an extra annoience

Justustwo's picture

Perhaps the million times a day she is mentioned by BM & MIL isn't enough to remind him!

SMof2Girls's picture

My DH has loads of tattoos. He's got the skids' baby footprints on there somewhere .. but they don't bother me.

We've agreed to never tattoo each other's names, because like most others here, we think it's silly and tempting fate.

Drac0's picture

>Lol...obviously I was dumb too but he was very good in bed.<

Aha! So women think with their gonads too!

Hee hee hee!

Good morning sunshine!

SMof2Girls's picture

He never thought it was weird to have your kid's initials tattooed on your thigh? That would strike me as an odd spot.

I don't think anyone is suggesting anyone is in a relationshp with a tattoo .. just that the constant reminder of the ex/skids can be annoying (especially when they are currently a royal pain in the a$$).

The only letters I have tattooed on me are from a quote .. letters/words just aren't my preference in general.

Justustwo's picture

It's not a personal insecurity, it's annoying to see when my husbands hand wants to wander.

I agree with havoc, it is creepy and I know my DH certainly wouldn't like looking at my ex's name on my thigh, made even worse by lying over it!

Each to their own I guess

Drac0's picture

DW and I don't have tattoos but DW has this nasty tendency to snap photos of SS and put it EVERYWHERE. Fidge magnets, coffee mugs, keychains, etc. I cannot turn my head in our house without seeing a picture of SS.

Does it bother me?

Let me put it to you this way. A photo doesn't constantly interrupt a conversation. A photo doesn't whistle annoyingly at a high pitch. A photo doesn't ask "Where's my Mom!?" when mother dearest is out of range of vision. A photo doesn't waste food and ask for a snack 10 minutes later. A photo doesn't forget to do homework. A photo doesn't leave dirty underwear on the bathroom floor. A photo doesn't insist on hogging the TV to watch the 100000th rerun of iCarly. A photo doesn't wake you up in the middle of the night because something is bothering him.

A photo is just light blended onto a surface to create an image. The image is is supposed to conjure up emotion when looking at it. I don't let it. It's just a piece of light-sensitive paper with colours on it. That is all. This is probably one of the reasons why I will never "get" tattoos. A tattoo to me is just ink on skin. Yeah sure, the ink is artistically imprinted in such a way so that it gives meaning, but after a while that meaning, and the emotion behind it, fades away and has no meaning to me anymore...it's just ink.

Heck if I was to get a tattoo, it would probably be a small message that reads "Nothing to see here, please disperse".

New second wife-step-mom's picture

My DH has tattoos. He has two that he and his brothers have alike. He has one of an old girlfriends name that he had covered over. He has SS's name that him and BM got alike. He has another image that doesn't really mean anything to me and I am not even sure why he got that one.

Some of his tattoos are getting sort of distorted because he is aging and I think they look sort of weird. He has noticed it too and I think it bothers him.

I am glad he doesn't have any of BM's names or he would be either having it removed or covered up before I slept with him.

I have no tattoos. I, like Draco don't really "get" tattoos. I have seen some images that I liked but would not want it on my body. A picture would be nice though. Smile

SMof2Girls's picture

It's like the saying goes, "Barbed wire today, picket fence tomorrow" LOL

It's all personal choice and definitely not for everyone Smile

hismineandours's picture

My dh has my name on his back-he got it like 5 or 6 years ago. So not the kiss of death-in fact I tell him he's either going to have to stay with me or at least find a replacement with the same name-since is permanently there!

My bil, whom I can't stand, has his daughters middle name tatto'ed on his stomach in very large letters. He incorporated his belly button into one of the letters. First of all, i think its gross as hell to have his daughters name tattoed that close to the privates-but what totally honks me off even more is that his daughters middle name is MY daughter's first name. It is not a particularly common name, his daughter was born AFTER mine-he was already well aware that name was taken so he gave it to her as a middle name, but always refers to her by the middle name. It was really gross to see MY daughter's name on this man's stomach the few times I've seen it. Fortunatley I no longer have any contact with the nutjob so I dont have to see it, but it sorta turns my stomach knowings its there.

Cocoa's picture

my dh has my name across his chest and i have his on the back of my neck and we've been together 6 years now. hell, we married each other, isn't that supposed to be permanent? this is funny...my dh PASSED OUT while they were tatting my name on him, almost didn't finish it but i have a man's name with an a on the end and that's the only way the artist was able to get him to allow him to finish it! i know my name will ALWAYS be on him and i love it! if we don't work out, the next woman can look at my name. had a boyfriend with my name tatted on his shoulder. wonder how that worked for him?

Just J's picture

My DH and I have each other's names too. I joke that its the kiss of death but I don't really think it is. I like that we both have them. His name is my favorite of my 6 tattoos. We've been together over 11 years, married 10 so we must be doing something right.

He used to have his ex's name on his arm, but he got it out of spite, not love. His ex actually thought she could forbid him from getting a tattoo ("That is MY body," we're her exact words, freak!). So he, being a really mature 23 year old that just got told not to do something, ran out and got her name inked on himself. His ex hated it. When we first met it was a big joke that I wouldn't date him until he covered it up. I didn't make him do it, he had wanted to for a long time but really had no reason or motivation until I came along. He now has a very cool looking dragon over it that covers most of his arm. He said the ex did a double take the first time she saw it but didn't say anything.

hippiegirl's picture

My dh has his ex wife's name tattooed on his ass so he can think of her when he takes a dump!

I joke....but that would be funny.

YellowBelly's picture

Oh dear god, this made me envision a huge tattoo of SD8 on DH's chest. There is no way we would have a sex life. That is just sick! (Thankfully that is not the case for you or me! lol) But still even on the hand and seeing names would bring my thoughts back to the green snotty nose SK that eats her boogers. No cumming happening! EVER!

Steppin's picture

So DH went to prison when SS10 was 2 weeks old. 6 months into his sentence, BM gets pregnant by another man. So what does DH decide to do? Gets BM's and SS's names tatted on his neck! In HUGE letters. Like... wtf... Oh, she's knocked up by another dude-- Seems like a good time to get her name on me. Dumbass!!! He covered it before we married of course. I just never understood that. *Eyeroll*

Tuff Noogies's picture

:jawdrop: tell him!!! you could also offer some cover-up ideas of things that have personal meaning to him or you guys as couple

momto3's picture

An ex-b/f of mine tatted my name inside of a heart he had on his shoulder despite my protests. He now has a black bar inside that heart }:)

T.O.'s picture

@justustwo, I don't actually have to deal with it, I'm sooooo sorry you do. Thought I'd share how I almost came to be in your situation.

DH started getting tattoos after we started dating 7 years ago, since he started he kept mentioning he wanted to get SS's name either on his chest or upper arm. Both in places that would be very visible to me during intimate moments *puke*. I wasn't even sure then if I wanted kids (SKIDS really are the best birth control ever - I probably would have a couple kids by now if none were in the picture, but I digress). He'd then add that of course he'd add any future kids names to the tat if we were to have any in the future.
While I found the second part rather sweet, the thought of having SS name in my face at all times when we're at home as DH normally walks around shirtless and during those more intimate times would physically make me nauseous, it's actually making me nauseous as I type this.
I couldn't hold it in any more and told him how I felt, something along the lines of how appropriate is it that I'm thinking of his kid as we're ...., which then would lead me to think of how this kid came to be in the first place Dirol And I think that I wouldn't be able to really be intimate anymore were he to do that. I promised I wouldn't bring it up again as ultimately it's his body but it was only fair I told him the truth.
We've never talked about it again & he's never again brought up this awful idea!

talia11's picture

When I met hubby he had BM2's name in small writing across his pec. He got it covered about 2 months later. Then he tells me the rose design thing on his shoulder was BM1's name.

He suggested he get my name somewhere, followed by me suggesting I punch him in the face instead.

He decided to get the starsigns on SS14, SD20 and our daughter tattooed on his inside forearm instead.

zerostepdrama's picture

DH had BM's name on his back. That got covered up before we got married. No way was I marrying him with BM's name on him. He got it when he was early 20s so by now it was pretty faded so it was easy to cover up. Felt so good though!

As far as pictures... I have managed to only have 1 of the skids on my top floor (1 in the living room and 1 in the hall way) both 4x6 pics and only 2 in the family room downstairs. I have slowly weaned out the pictures.

DH isn't home half as much as I am, so he wasn't really looking at the pictures anyways. Why should I have to stare at their faces all day? LOL