You are here

i HATE my 8 yr ss

he.is.not.my.son's picture

I hate his ugly face
I hate the way he talks. He tries to sound smart and use big words, but he doesn't even know the meaning of the words and uses it wrong and sounds stupid.
I hate the ugly faces he makes and his idiotic laugh.
I hate the way he bosses my 5 yr son around.
I hate how he cries and whines constantly like a 3 year old everything.
I hate the way he steals from me and backtalks and never listens
Sometimes I feel like punching him in his face.
I cannot get along with him at all. I find myself constantly yelling at him and rolling my eyes at everything that comes out of his mouth. Him and his dad know I hate him. Me and his dad are seperated but are still living together because of financial circumstances. Is there anyway to pretend like I don't hate him?

TASHA1983's picture

Damn you are blunt and honest...I LOVE THAT Wink

I know the feeling ALL TOO WELL....I dont have any advice on how to "pretend" to like someone that you cant stand...if I dont like someone then I dont like them...period. Why be fake about it? You have every right to feel the way you feel...and you dont have to pretend or be fake for ANYONE or explain yourself to anyone!!!
And besides, when you really dont like someone they will know it and see it no matter how hard you try to hide it or fake it....I make no bones about letting people see and know that I dont like them...just ask my c*** co-worker!!! lol

If you and your man are done then who gives a fuck...keep on keeping it real girl Smile

Anon2009's picture

I think you should find family or friends to live with while you get your finances in order. I don't think you should pretend to like this kid but you shouldn't be mean to him either. Be indifferent. Don't spend time with him or around him. Find stuff to do to keep yourself occupied and away from him while he's there. He is the product of poor parenting. The person to hate here is your ex.

Also, try to consider how you'd want your son treated if he were the child in question and treat SS with the same courtesy you'd want shown to your son. This may be easier said than done, but maybe it could help? Best of luck.

tweetybird74's picture

If you and your DH are seperated. Then you do not need to like the kid. But you can't been mean and the fact that he knows you hate is kinda sad for him. Find someone to live with and get out of this situation, everyone will be much happier including you!

hismineandours's picture

i dont know-my ss14 has put me through a lot of heck but I dont feel like I actually "hated" him-maybe dislike intensely. I tried to be as nice to him as possible-there were times that he would be somewhat receptive of my kindness so it was fairly easy-but most of the time he was downright hostile. When he was hostile I saw no reason to "pretend" I liked him-in my mind that would be really teaching him the wrong sort of lesson-that you can treat people like shit and they will still like you and be friendly and kind. I also tried not to yell at him (did a couple of times)but really that's about as ugly as it got from my end. I mostly just ignored him and didnt do things for him the way that I did my other kids. He thought that was evil and wrong of me, yet never took into consideration that it was due to his behavior.

Bubblyiz's picture

I can definitely relate to you on all that.  I also have a 8yo SS that I completely dislike.  The minute I hear the vehicle pulled over from picking up I get anxiety he talks too fucking much. Over weight child pretending to eat healthy.  Has no other choice but to eat all my cooking, when hi visits.  I was raiced to eat healthy and staying active. Same way I thought my 15 yo twins.. at the beginning I was informed by the dad that child does not like: vegetables, and fruits... when I cook, my meals have to be prepared w onions, bell peppers, garlic, tomatoes, etc etc etc... my response was I’m not going to accommodate special meals to satisfy this child. When he is hungry he has to eat whatever it’s been served at my table. But I don’t even do this for my own kids... I don’t have to impress a 8 yo. That’s why he has a mother that can tolerated that shit not here at my house. 

MaryJ's picture

I tried and tried to like and get along with my 18yo SS.  I could not get past, the laziness, the nastiness, smoking marajuanna in my house, never offering me or FH any food or drink brought in the house, missing 34 days of school his senior year (current) it will be a miracle if he graduates. Oh, can't forget the manipulation and lying.  Won't get a job, ruined two cars...let me stop! 

I cannot stand the sound of this kids voice period, it's clear he's failing english.  He is only taking up space and I can't wait until his sorry @ss moves out June 1st 2018!  My bad, I said I was going to stop! LOL!

I told FH I didn't like his son and asked FH to tell me one nice thing about his son. He could not say one nice thing about his own son. Sad as that is, FH understands that his son put himself in this position with me. I don't speak to SS not even a hello. I always act like he's not in my presence and try not to ever look at him. 

Is it akward in my own home that I own, of course, but my saving grace is that the end is near.

I know that my FH has horrible parenting skills, but he also knows he's the only one responsibe for the well being and financial means of his child. I refuse to allow children to run my house or determine how my house is run. 

SS is refusing to grow up so his father is forcing him, by moving him in with his older half brother who is as nasty and stinky as SS.

I have endured 10 months of SS nothingness and I refused to accept SS dysfunction as my new normal. 

I have no BIOS and refuse to accept or support nothingness in my life for anyone! 

DO NOT fake it, be true to yourself!

I will not lower the standards and rules that I have established for my life, for anyone!  Just because FH has low standards and expectations for his children, does not mean I have to accept them. I tried, Lord knows I tried!

If my standards and expectations are too high, FH knows he can have his old life back anytime.

This may sound harsh, but its true, I will be a doormat for no one! 

Sorry for the rant, it was long overdue! LOL!