You are here

Do you ever get happy when your stepchild gets caught or in trouble??

he.is.not.my.son's picture

Ss8 has been stealing everything from everyone (I am his favorite target) his dad likes to right it off and stick up for the little bastard. Well today he got caught stealing other peoples property AT SCHOOL. His dad went to pick him up and had to hear about how none of the teachers trust this child. Ss8 was in the backseat crying over it saying he didn't know why he did it. I just sat with the biggest grin on my face like haha now your dad knows this is out of control. His birthday is in a week too, so he can forget having anything I will make sure of that. I'm tired of him thinking he can get away with everything. Have you ever gotten happy when your SO figures out there child isn't this little angel like they thought all along?

LRP75's picture

Yes, I got happy when my DH figured out that his kids were out of control. That was the moment he actually started to DO something about it. I also was thrilled when SD10 was caught stealing at school. Not because I *want* her to be in trouble, but because now other people - official people - were involved and DH couldn't act like it wasn't happening anymore. Biggrin

tree102678's picture

Amen to this!!! My SD11 has been stealing things off and on for a while...hubby just continued to write it off. She once stole $ from herself....LMAO.....she stole her own lunch money LOL. SD grades are tanking like a damn battleship and now Hubby is REALLY starting to open his eyes up to alot of things he has been over looking....and seeing her for the kind of brat that she is!!!

hippiegirl's picture

Oh, yeah! Great feeling, seeing the look on DH's face when finding out his kid isn't perfect, and that I've been right all along! }:)

giveitago's picture

I felt vindicated after I disengaged and DH saw for himself just how horrible the twins could be. He had to step up to the plate and deal with them himself. He's NOW getting a taste of the disrespect and blatant disregard from them, I complained but to no avail. I will not say 'I told you so' but it's a damned good feeling to know I was NOT WRONG!

vwd1224's picture

yup!!! when sd8 was caught lying and stealing at school n the teacher says things..bittersweet bc h, will not hold on to his bd8 problems, bc thats his baby n then starts 2 turn on the teacher, i had 2 bow out of conversations with the teacher, cuz h would get mad at the teacher n leave or send angry messages..sd8 will smile n butter up dad, by talking n she actually gets him 2 engage in conversation with him when she is supposed 2 have a consequence!!cant tolerate it..but 2 answer the question yup, i do!!!

3familiesIn1's picture

I don't feel happy, but I do feel validated that its not just me seeing things noone else does.

Validated is really the word. But its short lived, then its followed by disapointment with how DH handles the situation, I guess you can call doing nothing handles....

Then I am back to disenged again, so ....

The validation is nice while it lasts though.

instantfamily's picture

Absolutely. DH has always known SD6 has issues, acknowledging SS10 is a problem, too? Golden. Kid actually bit me and spit on me the other day.

Helena.Handbasket's picture

Absolutely, but it's typically short lived since SO just goes back to normal after his yelling. He has followed through a couple of times but mostly he is light on the skids.

dont know what to do's picture

YES! DH thinks the two SD's are perfect, so when something happens and he realizes that they are not it makes me just grin ear to ear!