You are here

Happy Christmas everyone!

fairyo's picture

Just taking the opportunity to wish everyone a happy Christmas and say thank you to all of you for your insights, your humour and your time.
I am feeling the pull of re-engagement now and I suppose it is to be expected- for all those who saw my recent post I can tell you that DH put up the outdoor lights yesterday and they look lovely- I can't wait for my family to see them in a few days time.
I may or may not see my skids over the break, but at least, due to all you lovely people, if I do it will be on my terms.
Seasons greetings from Fairyland!

Kes's picture

I am so glad for you that he put up the lights in the end. Wishing you and other Step Talkers a peaceful Christmas Smile

Veritas's picture

Right back to you, Fairyo!!! Glad to hear your DH came through and the lights went up.....Merry Christmas Smile

jollybean's picture

Happy Christmas Fairyo, I’ve a lot to learn from these wonderful Step Talkers but I feel calm and peaceful right now.

sammigirl's picture

I was wondering if he got the lights up. Good job!

I am blessed that I don't have to contend with SD56 this Christmas. She popped in for less than one hour two days ago, with the usual yard sale basket of rancid candy and lotion.

We are having an open house for friends and family, won't be any Skids this year.

Do hope you are Skid free for the holidays.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2018 to you Fairyo. Will be chatting later with you!

fairyo's picture

Hope you had a peaceful Christmas Sammi- we did (in the end!), we spent a quiet day and had a lovely dinner in the evening. DH was very pleased with all the things I bought for him but all I got was a cheap box of chocolates- a sort of token gesture. You would have been so proud of me though, because I didn't let him see how angry I was. I had some lovely gifts from my own family and he did see me cry when I opened some of them because they were given with thought and love. I know that I have so many people on my side in this thing. I do believe it made him think and who knows? maybe feel slightly ashamed.

I did think about going to OSD's with him today but slept in, and now he has left with all those gifts he bought for them, when all I got was a crappy box of chocolates. That does still hurt, so I am glad I don't have to go to that circus where they are so ungrateful for what he's giving them and yet I got nothing...

Later we may go to my sisters for the evening and my family are coming tomorrow. Before he went out he said he would let them have the guest room back for their stay, which he didn't do for my sister when she came. So, maybe that's some progress.

I don't know where we are going with this thing in the coming year but I am so grateful for all the help I have had to stay strong through this and come out the other side with my self-esteem intact.

I have been skid free! What it is to say that and create an oasis of peace for myself and DH outside that entitlement circus they inhabit.

Sending seasonal hugs of good cheer from me to you ((((special Fairy-hugs))))

advice.only2's picture

Merry Christmas to you all, Santa visited me early this year in the form of stomach flu...so I’m hoping by tomorrow I can be recovered enough to enjoy the festivities.

--figureditout--'s picture

I feel you. I was visited by the Grinch and he brought me the flu. Could be worse...He could have given me a skid.

advice.only2's picture

Exactly, no skids but I feel bad we had a party planned for all the friends and family and had to cancel.

Orángejello LeTayTay's picture

The day the step son moves to his dad's and I leave this backwards miserable city will be the day I might enjoy Christmas again.

thinkthrice's picture

Chef has to work his part-time job to pay CS instead of go to mass with me. I hope the heavenly forces give Chef an emancipation for sd19, who is milking remedial grade school... I mean community college, as a Christmas gift!