You are here

Anyone else have creepy stepkids?

MissMaryMack's picture

Both of my stepsons are a little odd and very awkward. But SS10 is just plain creepy. Biomom treats him like he's a baby so maybe that has something to do with it but he's 10 years old, he doesn't get that treatment at our house. Sometimes I can't even stand being around him. We have them 50% of the time (one week on, one week off) and they just came back yesterday to start the week with us. DH had taken SS12 to his martial arts class and my bios were at their dad's house so it was just me and creeper. After dinner I asked him if he wanted to watch TV with me and he said no he was just going to hang out in his room. Okie doke that's great for me! But then he proceeded to come downstairs 4 times in an hour, wrapped up in his blanket, and would just stand behind the couch where I was sitting. He does this all the time too. Even if DH and I are sitting somewhere talking he will just awkwardly stand there and stare at us. The first time he came down I didn't even see him and then suddenly there he was just breathing over the top of my head. I repeatedly asked him if he needed something and he said no and then would just stand there for a few minutes and then head back up to his room. FOUR TIMES he repeated this. It's weird and it makes me feel creeped out in my own house!! We have caught him silently standing outside our closed bedroom door before. I'll be showering or DH and I are talking or whatever the case and we open the door and there he is just standing there!!!

Picardy III's picture

I think all kids tend to glom on their parents or the adults in the house, if they aren't taught that it's awkward and rude. Sounds like he was never taught.

Or maybe he's lurking to spy on you and your conversations, as intel for his mother.

Jojo4124's picture

Maybe the kid has a serious mental disorder that needs to be addressed. If he keeps doing it after you ask him not to, take him to a psychotherapist maybe

Tara456's picture

On of my SKs creeps around constantly. They don't stand behind me like this (that's Twilight Zone stuff OP!), but other stuff. He goes to bed then when we're in bed, gets up and creeps round the house, opening cupboards, bags, drawers. He takes food and takes it up to his room, weird stuff like frozen, uncooked food. He steals things which are mine, hears me asking OH if he has seen it, then either throws it in his bin in his bedroom and covers it with trash, or leaves it out, scurries away, and when I find it shrugs his shoulders and denies all knowledge of it. He will stand behind you and smirk if someone is talking to him, or explaining something, I find that especially creepy as I've seen him do it to other adults and he looks demented.  He has become worse and worse with his creepiness (as well as terrible behaviour and attitude), but the lying and creeping around now makes my skin crawl when he is in the house.