You are here

Any users from UK/Ireland

Thrifty2019's picture

Just wondering if there are any members from either the U.K. or Ireland where courts, custody, access and maintenance differs from those members resident in the US. 

Thanks!

Rags's picture

There are a number of STalkers from the UK and Ireland.  No doubt they will chime in as you engage in the community.

Welcome.  I hope that you find this to be a good place to vent, contribute and to pick up some useful perspective from others who are living the blended family adventure.

Good luck.

Lifer33's picture

I'm in the UK. England specifically, I think different bits of the UK also have different arrangements? 

Kes's picture

I am also in the UK - there are a few of us here.  The main difference between us and the US is that the courts are used an awful lot less in settling arrangements for children after divorce.  Money and custody arrangements are usually settled between solicitors for each parent - they were in my DH's case. 

Dc3sc2's picture

We seem to separate everything. You have one court case for divorce. You have an other for child contact it's unusual for us to have contact orders unless there's been some difficulty. Child support is done through a whole other company and not through court at all.