You are here

And here comes the drama...

Roseybird's picture

Hey Guys, I haven't posted in a very long while, but I wanted to get your opinions about something. My SD15 has been doing, what we believe to be, ok. She has learned a little more about respecting her father. She doesn't sneak out the house, as far as we know it (she lives with her BM about 45 - 1hour away). Anyway, she just started back with school and we assumed she was doing ok. She came down to our house on Friday to spend the Labor Day weekend with us - which is pretty normal. Anytime the family is having a get together, she's around. Well, today is Sunday and we all went to church this morning. I LOVE LOVE LOVE our church and the church family. We had communion today and like every baptist church, our Pastor informed us if we had been out of worship with the Lord, or haven't been in good with the Lord, it would behoove us to not take the sacrifice. Also, if we have sinned against our brother or sister in Christ, we need to ask for forgiveness. Well, out of the blue, SD15 stands up and says "I'd like to apologize to my dad and mom (who's not here) for skipping school on Friday. It was wrong and I'm sorry." My DH was floored. Most of the time people, or at least our church family, don't get up and reveal their 'business' like that. Everyone in the congregation turned to look at him and he was just dumbfounded. He didn't know what to say. I felt really bad for him that she would get up and say something like that. I mean, she could have told him this at home.

Well, when we got to the car after service, he asked SD15 to tell me what happened. I have been staying out of their 'mess'. I've disengaged and it feels GREAT!!!!! So, before she could speak, I said, "Wait, I don't care to know. If you want to skip school, skip it. I don't have anything to do with that. Remember, you apologized to YOUR DAD and YOUR MOTHER, not to ROSEYBIRD. Keep that stuff to yourself.' Of course DH couldn't resist the fact to tell me that it was to make her hair appointment. Yeah, that's right, she skipped school so she could go to get her hair done. WOW.

Anyway, this is how it started before. Before we got into all this drama with her. She started acting as if the lime light had to be on her ALL THE TIME. No one is talking about her, so she has to get people to start talking. Mark my word......the drama has started up again.