You are here

AM I WRONG TO ASK THIS ONE LITTLE FAVOR??

sad2012's picture

The skids are here half the time, so they only go a few days without being here and live in the same town as us. They think they can come by anytime (when they are with BM) and just walk into our home, not say one word to anyone or find someone and say "hey I stopped by to get blah blah blah". This is 99% done with DH is at work, so it's just me and my teenage son, who most times is not here, so I am home alone. I HATE THIS!!! I feel like the BM is just doing this on purpose just to interrupt our lives for 90 seconds!! I have told my DH how much I hate this and says "I will tell them"....yeah right!! Well they are not listening!! I have told him they either need to text or call when they are coming or they can wait til they are here again to get "whatever" is so important at that minute! Or better yet....knock and wait for someone to answer....I could be lounging in my birthday suit knowing I will be home alone all night...and then bam...in they walk!! I just find it very disrespectful and rude...funny when they are with us, they need NOTHING from "Mommy's" house!!

emotionaly beat up's picture

God Lord, that is so rude. Why not pay a visit to BM one day and just walk in to see the kids. Don't knock, don't phone, just rock up and let yourself in.

Or you could tell BM and the kids yourself. Your husband has been given plenty of opportunity to do it. He hasn't so you do it.

If this was your EX walking into your home when DH was home alone, how would he react. Bet he'd have sorted it out himself on day 1. There is no way he would put up with that.

However, you need to keep the door locked as well. The kids shouldn't just be walking in when they are with BM. If they are with you, then yes, they have every right to just walk in, but absolutely not when they are with BM.

But if you decide to rock up to BM's house a few times and let yourself in, I'd love you to come back and let me know how she reacted to that. Smile

This is just ignorance and I don't like the lesson she is teaching those kids

AlreadyGone's picture

This happened frequently with my x-sk's. I bought chain locks for all of the doors and got myself in to the habit of making sure they were ALWAYS used when I was home alone. If BM is driving them over to your house, then it's time you have a little talk with her. It is rude behavior and should not be allowed to continue.

Just another thing I DO NOT miss, lol.

Best of luck!

AG

hismineandours's picture

Yep, I would lock the door and just not allow them in if I didnt feel like it. If they must come by and pick something up they can do so when dh is at home or at a time when it is convenient for you.

unsure99's picture

I agree with the being naked part. I bet that will stop them!! I for sure would have the doors bolted locked every time DH left.

oldone's picture

You should lock them out and not answer the door. Even if they see you in the house. And when they call from outside and text just ignore them. Or just yell "Go away".

You do not have to put up with this. So your DH gets mad. He can get unmad.

msg1986's picture

Wow this scares me... my fss is 4 and so the thought of him possibly having a key to MY house in the future hasn't even crossed my mind. I don't trust BM AT ALL so the idea of this makes me sick...

Jsmom's picture

I had the same problem. Threw an enormous fit, when it happened one time when I was home alone. DH changed locks and garage code the next day. I threatened to move back to my house the next day. He went off on SK's and told them they had to call before coming over. It happened when I was recovering from a foot surgery and couldn't move. That was enough for me. Now, we also have alarms on every door because of them sneaking in...

That shit stopped really quick when I threatened to go to where I felt safe...

sad2012's picture

I am so glad its not me and that I am overreacting! I would love to be butt ass naked when they came over...I just never know when it is going to happen...we could be having sex on the steps when they might just "pop in"....LOL! I have to make on thing clear, the ex has NEVER stepped foot in my house, and I will NEVER step foot in hers! I am going to send an email to the BM through my husband's email..she does not know mine or my cell number either...and I am going to tell skids too....do not come over unannounced anymore!

Thanks ladies for all the support!!