You are here

Probably overthinking this

Kimberlee's picture

I think that I may be over thinking this situation but it is getting on my nerves. SS15 has been with us for the summer. Over the past month, he has acquired 12 PS3 games, DH's headphones, headset to PS3, a new basketball, and a whole new wardrobe. I am all for letting SS have a good time but where does one draw the line? There has not been ANY discipline whatsoever. SS and I have gotten into verbal arguments, where he said that I cannot tell him what to do because I am SM "so I should step." He begged us to play bball, so we took him to the park so he could. In my mindset, I thought that he was going to play with other guys....NOPE. As the guys were coming to play, he distanced himself from the guys(which were a couple grades ahead of him- I know this bc I teach some of them) and eventually came off of the court. When we asked why didn't he ask to play he said, "I don't want to play with them!! They're bigger than me." :jawdrop: WTF? Man up and play. Every time we play PS3, if he is losing or thinks that the game is "cheating" he quits, slams the controller, and heads to his room. I am really getting tired of these temper tantrums. When I talk to DH, he says that he knows that his son is spoiled- by his mom. He also is spoiled by you DH. I am trying to get DH and I on the same page but it just does not seem to work.

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

Think that is the one that got me the most! Yes, the kid sounds like a spoiled brat...doesn't get his way and throws a fit. But if he told you to step off, and DH didn't do anything, I'd be telling DH he needed to step up and be a parent! That kind of disrespect is crossing the line!

Onefootout's picture

Yeah, that PS3 would have been mine for like a month. 15 years old he should know better. I wouldn't have waited for DH to do anything in my defense.

Kimberlee's picture

@anne bolyne DH didn't know anything until he heard us yelling. SS said that DH was taking my side bc DH told him to not yell @ an adult. I am almost through with SS's attitude and DH's lack of authority. I cannot wait until this kid goes back to his mom.
@onefootout SS is spoiled-by both mom and dad. He plays them against each other and DH does not see it. SS threw a paper ball and it hit me in the face. I told him, "would I be wrong if I punched you in your face?" DH said nothing.

Starla's picture

Simple, put DH here and let us have at him...Sorry you can't fault SS until DH acts like a man. Actually you can only it will get you no where until the dad gets a wake up call.