You are here

Need to vent about SS14 and FH

scorpio's picture

Hi everyone,

As you may know, I have 2 SS and 1 BS. I am living hell with my two SS, they are ungrateful, have no manners and I am at the point where I try to do anything to not be around them, which is hard as we are on a 1 week on and 1 week off basis.

This past weekend was so frustrating, on Saturday we were going on a day trip and BS wanted to stay in the truck as we picked up last minute things at a store. Both SS were staying in the truck, well as soon as I said ok to my BS you can stay in the truck SS14 walks out. I told him to stop acting like that. Meanwhile, my FH now BF because I don't think he deserves the title, yes I'm bitter, says he signaled him to get out of the truck. So I don't make a big deal and say ok. I'm so used to him acting like an ass that I thought for sure he was doing it on purpose.

The 2hour drive to our destination wasn't as hell as I thought it would be. Usually the 5 of us in the truck for 15 minutes is enough to drive me nuts. Well on Sunday my bf has the nerve to tell me how wrong I was to have said to his son to stop acting like that since really he was just doing what he asked him to do. So I'm like what?? After everything he's done to me in the last year I'm suppose to be sorry for thinking he was acting like he always does?? WTF

Moving on to SS11 who is always on his PS3, well BF bought him a headset so now he can go live and talk to anyone. So I shared my concerns with BF about the language that must go on there and he was not concerned and looked at me like I was so out of it. Then I told SS11 to make sure that e doesn't give out our address or any personal info on there, again that weirded out look from BF.

To top it all off, my bf goes training (weights, cardio) 4 nights a week now (I think he's in his mid-life crisis) so his kids are starting to play hockey tonight and it falls on a night where he trains. I guess he assumed I would do the driving. All I said was how are YOU going to get them there and he said I will drop them off and go train and stop my training to pick them up and go back. So that means instead of being gone 2.5-3 hours he will come home even later. How can he not want to watch his kids play?

Anyways, I'm so frustrated, usually when it was our week with no kids, we'd enjoy each other but now all we do is fight.

needed to vent.. thanks for being there ST!

lostandfrustrated's picture

Hi! I feel bad for you. Maybe you could take a hobby that allows you space and time to take care of you. I am not saying you should run away from the issues, but I think "me time" can be a good thing.

I am a runner and I need that time, I think everyone does. For me running is better than therapy because it's a time when I can reflect on the day, a situation, etc. and really think about it alone, without anyone else in my head or in my face. If you don't like running, walking is good too and trust me, you can really get lost in your thoughts and feel better about almost anything.

And just so you know, I have a step-child and I know what youre' going through - it's not easy.

Good luck to you.