You are here

Exhausted

Adviceneed1234's picture

Is anyone else out there just completed exhausted with dealing with their stepchild? I am. I've spent time, energy, and money and I just can't do it anymore. Whatever I do or say is wrong. For gods sake me breathing is an issue. I have been regularly seeing a therapist for the past 3 years and nothing is working. She has told me to disengage and that's not working either. Personally I'm not a fan of my step child and my DH is telling me I need to put more effort in. I'm done putting effort in because when it comes down to taking step child somewhere the is whining to buy something and when told no there comes a fit, when i ask to do something the answer is no. Since I'm not the parent and can't reiforce it, why do I need to put forth more effort when I will just get frustrated. I have a child with DH which makes things more difficult. If I didn't have my own child, I would be out. I have also received advice from family to try to be a friend. Since when are step parents friends?

Adviceneed1234's picture

I appreciate your comment. I say hello and how was your day and that is pretty much it. I don't take my stepchild anywhere by myself anymore because of her throwing fits. When the waters get rough, I take myself and child out of the situation. Do I need to be doing anything more?