You are here

Step Daughter Nightmare of 11 – Advice

StepDad101's picture

Hi everyone. I have been together with my fiancé for 2 and half years. She has a daughter of 11 and I have a daughter of 12. Here is my problem….I don’t like my fiancé’s daughter. Let my put in bullet form for you all:
1.) Stole my wallet
2.) Stole my daughters money
3.) Steels other kids food from school
4.) Steels ice cream and sweets from the shops
5.) Stole money from other people
6.) Tells the school that we didn’t give her lunch for school, so that she can get more to eat
7.) No ambition in life
8.) No self confidence
9.) Just wants to watch TV, eat and drink cold drinks
10.) Lies almost every day about things, home, studies
11.) When she fights with my daughter, she will take my daughters mobile phone and says that “you must first be nice to me before I give your phone back” WTF !!
12.) There are a lot more I can mention……… Sad

But then she is weird to. We will be watching something on TV and it might be a little scary, then I will tell her that I don’t think she must watch this because you just might have night-mares. Amazingly later that evening she will come into our room and cry….”I had a night-mare I cannot sleep”.
I would say don’t eat so much Ice cream because you will feel sick later….Amazingly she will cry to her mother “I feel sick I can’t go to school the next day”. Another example during the week she is never tired and always has a long face when it’s time to go to bed…..weekends she stays up late, but when she has to study for a test, then she is dead tired cannot keep her eyes open..Grrrr!!!

She likes to use words in her favour and she loves to manipulate people and even her mother.
The mother knows about everything and tries to stand with me and agree with me when she does anything. But I am afraid that it’s too late, I am not interested anymore because I have a huge insensitive feeling towards the step daughter. My fiancé has begged me not to leave because lets face it we do love each other very much.

The problem is…every time I see the daughter, hear the daughter do I “crinch” up in a twill and all I want to do is avoid her. My fiancé see’s this too and has asked me to try and change. Now I know I am the adult and I am suppose to “understand” but how can you understand any longer if the wounds have been filled with salt and that I cannot forgive. What should I do?

jumanji's picture

>But then she is weird to. We will be watching something on TV and it might be a little scary, then I will tell her that I don’t think she must watch this because you just might have night-mares. Amazingly later that evening she will come into our room and cry….”I had a night-mare I cannot sleep”.

>I would say don’t eat so much Ice cream because you will feel sick later….Amazingly she will cry to her mother “I feel sick I can’t go to school the next day”.

So... why do you give her these ideas? Why are you watching movies that might be scary for 11yo's, with them? Why do you allow her to serve herself ice cream? (and by you, I mean both you and Mom.)

I'm sure your fiancee thinks your daughter is an angel, too...

Iam Noone's picture

The next time you catch her stealing from a shop, turn her in.

Problem solved, problem staying solved.