You are here

Guy's perspective please

Mojo78's picture

I have jealousy issues over my SD7 - I have had to tell my partner because it was becoming obvious. The short of it is that I think I see her as a threat (although I know she isn't) and I feel like I can't bear her to hug or kiss him, I have to leave the room. I feel like we are competing for his attention Sad

He has no one to talk to. He wants us to work and loves me dearly but he now has niggling worries that I may be horrible to her. I do feel bad feelings towards her because of whats happening inside me(when it is happening that is) but I would NEVER and have never been horrible to her. She is just a kid. I do everything for her even though it is a strain sometimes.

How can I reassure him? How would you feel if your partner had these issues? Will i Lose him?

speakeasy's picture

It honestly sounds like HE is not doing enough for the both of you to be fulfilled. As important as it is for a parent to have a loving relationship with their child, he has chosen you to be his mate and that relationship needs to be nurtured and developed BEYOND what he gives his children. He should be spending just as much, if not more time and attention on you as he does her. The fact that you are crying out for help is like being thirsty - you're already dehydrated if you're thirsty. you're already low on love, attention and fulfillment if you're asking for it. You, however, shouldn't nag him about anything, try to be patient. Try to initiate time alone with him, after SD goes to bed perhaps. My wife & I have to fight for time, but we manage it.