You are here

Needing to vent.....i am trying to remain neutral with my boyfriends ex but she makes it so hard

markerfelt's picture

My story really isn't new, I am dating a man who has a children. We have been dating for a few years. I get along great with the children and all of his family. The Ex is remarried. The whole story is hard to tell...but I believe she is dealing with some kind of borderline personality issues. If at the very least is socially stunted for sure and she doesn't seem to be able to get along with anyone. When her and I have talked we have really gotten along great. But as you can imagine I here all of the stories back from the kids and friends etc, , about how ugly, unfit as a parent i am. And of course she always has an issue with my boyfriend. I know that there is baggage and history with my boyfriend. I just get so mad at the pettiness of the issue she brings up. Plus it seems she has a lot of time on her hands.
She has even found my postings in this chat room. Can you believe that? I am just trying to get perspective on the whole situation. Doesnt she know that she is proving my point when she does things like this?

I need encouragement on how to hang in there and not to take it personal but i am having a hard time. Does this make sense?