You are here

My story...

Mypain21's picture

So I am here to vent!

I have been with my partner for five years this coming September. We are not married and I do not have any children. When I met her, the kids were: SS13, SD8 and evilSS6. Now they are SS17, SD13 & evilSS11.

At the time evilSS7 & I were very close. He looked up to me and followed me everywhere. As he got older, he started to be very disrespectful towards me and his mom. He would talk back and mumble.

They do not have any chores but when asked to do something they complained like we just told them to clean manure. SD13 does not complain. It's mainly the boys. SS17 & evilSS11. These past two years I've started to not be able to stand evilSS11. Anything he does gets on my nerves.

The kids all get what they want, the mom pretty much makes good money, they get good grades for the most part. But they get away with murder if they could. She doesn't discipline them and they know they can get away with anything. What really bothers me is the talking back from the youngest. If he was like the other two I woudln't be on this website. Their mother & I have had many issues and sometimes its because of evillSS11. I've even talked to him and he has said he knows that he is disrepectful to me and his mother.

I even sought counseling to try to work on my feelings towards him. Yesterday their mother told me that if I can't stand her son I need to get out. Counseling has helped me some but I can only do my part.

So far from what you have read would you leave or stay? I love their mother dearly and the kids, even evilSS11. They have become like a part of my family. I'm just wondering if this will continue and I should run while I can, since bascially I was told I should leave....... Sad

Mypain21's picture

I don't know if I'm ready to put up/shut up. I guess the thing with me is that I don't communicate well. I don't express myself like I should. I guess I am hard on him because of how disrespectful he is.

The bio dad is in the picture and he's a very cool guy. He's disrepectful to him too though.

Mypain21's picture

I'll give you an example. SS17 broke the living room tv by playing his xbox. So the rule was no more xbox playing in the living room. Now mind you, they have a tv in their room and a tv in the playroom in the basement same screen size. SS11 could care less if he's allowed to play or not. So when I asked him to take the xbox upstairs or downstairs because he was told before not to play xbox there, I get "I don't care", roll eyes and even mumbles stuff. It irks me so much, to the point where I'm like excuse me if you have anything to say don't mumble so I can hear it.

I've been all day reading other people's stories and I think I will have to disengage. Also it seems like my skids aren't that bad compared to tohers. :O