You are here

kid rom hell

bnunzio's picture

I have been living with my girlfriend and 4 step daughters for about a year and a half. These kids are hell. The oldest actually tells my girlfriend what to do. Such as "You are taking me and my friends to the mall." "Go and make me food" " I am going to a dance, I will be home at 1 am" She has just turned 13 four days ago.
Before I came along the children didn't have bed times they are 13,10,9,4. When I asked why the kids dont do any house chores the answer I got was "My kids dont like to do chores so they dont have to" The 9 year old trys to tell me what to do yesterday it was. "Uhum I need you to put music on my Mp3 player."
The oldest has started cutting her self when ever she is finaly diciplined. When ever the kids do get punished all they have to do is cry and ask to not be grounded and my girl friend lets them off the hook. She has just started to realise that her kids are brats. The girls greatgrand mother refuses to come to Christmas because the act like such brats when opening gifts.
The kids have a facination with breaking all of my stuff, tools cameras, flash lights coffe pot, play station you name it it is destroyed.
I dont know if I should leave or what. When ever I complain to my girlfriend her answer is if you dont like it leave. When I did go and look for an apartment I was begged not to leave.

Thank you for your comments. I have never met anyone who listens to their kids and allows them to run the house. I had wanted to go to a festivle and was told by my girlfriend that we could not go because the two youngest didnt want to go. Before we started leving the oldest home alone she was the one who said weather or not we took a trip to the flea market.
I grew up in a military house hold where we had to "earn our keep" I had told the kids to pick up thier rooms. Needless to say they did hardly anything and stuffed trash under the bed. When I saw it I told the kids to stop screwing around and do it correctly. The second oldest ran to her mother crying saying she worked hard on her room and I was obnoxious. Then her mother comes and yells at me saying I need to praise them for making an attempt instead of telling them to do it right.
I just have never met someone whose entire life is devoted to fufilling every want and need of her kids.
The oldest will come home from school and get a snack and leave the trash on the couch so her mother can pick it up. I would have been in hell and high water if I did that as a kid. Dose anyone out there understand this mind set? I posted this in another forum but I think this forum may be better suited. Thanks again

happy's picture

that your GF has the choice to make. Its either make her girls straighten up and act like *girls* or let them run her house and act like heathens. Because I can tell you this, if she does not stop this behavior now with them they will not only run you off but every other man she tries to get close too.
That is a fact.
You may have to ask yourself if you really want to live in a place where everything you own is broken. Some of the items you spoke of up there are not cheap. I think a simple rule of you broke it you buy it. Or tell your GF that they broke it and let her replace the items. That seems fair. Because if she would make them behave then none of your items would be broken.
Her own Grandmother will not go to x-mas because they act so badly.. What is that? She is an elderly lady who has more then earned her respect in the world.. She shoudl go o x-mas and the bratty threesome should stay at home. Sorry. I am ranting.
It disturbs me to see when children act this way. Its rude and plain disgusting in my opinion..
Parents all over the world need to take control or else this world when we are old is going to be horrible..
No values anymore. I mean people are not horrible because they are divorced, but when you get a divorce what is bad is the fact that the parents treat the kids like they are on a pedistal because of there own guilt. STOP IT.. it ruins the kids.. If you go on with life they eventually learn that when things knock you on your butt and get hard you push on and find a way to deal with and grow from there. Life is about learning and facing challenges and building your self into a STRONG INDEPENDENT PERSON.
Ok I have said enough.
Let her beg you but I say if you are unsure now then you need to take a stand now. Leave and let her try to fix her monsters so you can come back and make a life with her.