You are here

Anyone in the Seattle Area?

pawshdogs's picture
Forums: 

I am looking for a neutral liaison to accompany BF with child custody visits near Naval Base Kitsap...his ex won't let him see his autistic child..won't allow the child out of the home and wants to supervise visits herself...I think it's a bad idea if he shows up alone (especially since about a year ago she flipped out when we started living together unmarried and tried to seduce him by sending bedroom pics and talks of reconciliation "for the sake of the children").

She is trying to take custody away and is suing him for child support since she has mismanaged her finances and cannot afford to pay her mortgage. There was no court order when the two divorced bc they lived in the same state and county and they had 50/50 custody and no child support. Before the divorce he was the sole breadwinner and even after the divorce continued financial support for his children despite no official order. She took a job across the country and since then has not allowed the children to travel to the father and will only allow visitation if he comes to Washington and as it is convenient for both parties, and of course no dates ever work for her. he was unhappy that he took the children skiing during previous years saying that the $$$ was better spent elsewhere and guilted the children for partaking. She claims that the autistic child is non verbal but when we spoke to his teenage son last week he mentioned the favorite new words the autistic son is saying and that the child is constructing sentences.

Since cutting off contact between him and his special needs son, she has refused to share school/teacher info...we have had to research and contact teachers, which we are happy to do. However the BM asserts that he has no awareness of taking care of the child. They had a wonderful relationship before the move and he had no problem with the child in his home and of course hired a home therapist and teacher as his support system. He travels out of state for work and have to start all over again in GA and IA creating a network of friends and more importantly ongoing training for parenting with a special needs child.

I try my best to stay out of it but the stress of her threatening to take his children away has really got him down and between that and his high stress job, he needs someone to help organize information and do a little bit of research to put him on the right track. He's a loving, caring father who really wants his children to feel loved and cares about fostering a nurturing and positive alternative to the BM's home. He is a child of divorced parents and was a victim to a hostile mom who made it impossible for him to have a relationship with his father and realizes just how much children need both parents in their lives.

Thank you so much for reading my rant and any help / advice will be greatly appreciated!