You are here

sd regression

oregonducks's picture

So, my stepdaughter is bedwetting. This didn't start happening until the bio mom started calling and talking to the kids. Father is allowing the bio mom to speak to the kids, who neglected them, starved them, and physically abused them. Do you all think this regression comes from the psychological abuse the bio mom caused. Dad wants to give her supervised visites, but I keep telling him this is not a good idea. Over the past several days she's used the excuse she's sick, ect.ect. how can I as a step mom handle this, because daughter is regressing from the abuse.. it is horrible.

Journey Perez's picture

get SD in counseling. There is only so much you can do. Its your DH's decision to let BM have visitation. DH's rarely listen to their wives when it come to our outside prospective.

oregonducks's picture

What is sad is that he is making his daughter digress.. and he is totally stupied.. I know that that is not in her best interest. So I get to stand back and watch a Merry go round with behaviors, after interactions with the bio mom. Ugh.

oregonducks's picture

What is sad is that he is making his daughter digress.. and he is totally stupied.. I know that that is not in her best interest. So I get to stand back and watch a Merry go round with behaviors, after interactions with the bio mom. Ugh.

moeilijk's picture

Can you provide more background? How old is your SD? How long has she been with Father full-time? How often does bio mom talk to the kids? How long since the last time bio mom was around?

uofarkchick's picture

I went through this myself with my kids. They would start wetting the bed again after their supervised visits with their dad started up. They hadn't seen him in months because of a protection order I had put in place and the fact that he was too busy going to jail and getting high. They hadn't peed the bed in months and then once the visits started, it was like they were two years old again. After we moved and he went to prison, they stopped the bed wetting. If anyone has an answer as to why this happens, I am all ears.

oregonducks's picture

He will deal with this until the are grown and it's sad because he's not listening to me what so ever. She is on herion and doing drugs very aweful, and he is emotionally hurting these kids and putting their safty at risk. It's horrible what the father is doing he is not keeping them safe what so ever. I am wondering if the state will even ti ally take them again, because of his own fault.

oregonducks's picture

I have told h o m this he's not listening I'll let him mess up.. with out me he's got no clue

Disneyfan's picture

Aren't these foster kids that are with dad as a result of family placement?

If so, then supervised visits are the norm. Of course the visits should be taking place once or twice a week at the foster agency. In which case mom would be required to take a drug test at least once a month. Both parents would be required to attend parenting classes provided by the agency. The kids should have a social worker, doctors and therapists all provided by the agency, working together to help the kids and their parents.

If dad is allowing mom to see the kids outside of the agency's set guidelines, then he is placing them in danger. He also runs the risk of the agency taking the kids away from him and placing them a regular foster home. (Non family placement)

Based on both parents history of drug use, the medical issues with the kids,and dad's prison history,it's hard to believe that an agency isn't heavily involved with the family.

anonymiss00's picture

My skids were in a very similar situation. Ss9 would barf any time he's upset. Ss6 would regress to 3 year old mentality and starve himself because of the flashbavks. Wouldn't bathe because his bm burned him with hot bath water before. she's a washed up junkie alcoholic who SAH, and completely ignored her kids to drink and watch bad girls club. Any attention towards them was bad. Luckily DH isn't an idiot and we cut off all contact with her and the kids, by their own choice, call her by her first name because they don't feel she was a good parent.

I don't how how old your skid is, and I know it's hard to watch a kid suffer or be the one to take care of that suffering while dh argues with you. But if he won't listen to reason on bm being a completely awful hells incarnate to that kid, the best you can do is try to make sure bm can't do any more physical harm by reporting it if you think it could be going on, and otherwise stepping out of the situation. Don't do the laundry like outlaw said. It's his child and if he's moronic enough to let them get hurt, all you can do is try to make sure nothing permanently scars that child, even as a bystander. If you cant, well, hope for the best. I'm sorry you're in such a crap situation.

oregonducks's picture

So I spoke to my counselor about it she said that it's up to dad that she calls and it's a shame that she is such a junkie, what is even worse is that him and I have a 4 month old baby together and I refuse to have this junkie and her behaviors rub off on the baby through my husband and hers kids. It is sad because she alr Eady is now on disability and had been through so many foster homes due to risruption.shes destructive wets the bed, she doesn't listen to authority ect. She is a complete mess. We clean up after her distruction, but hopefully they will see what kind of a useless woman she is and a menace to society. Best believe if he neglects these kids it's on him to get them removed from the state again. The bio mom is a complete junkie and such a menace. She is a horrible mom shit parent, I could go on disgrace to all mom's who don't use drugs but makes women look horrible in general. Father has no business raising these kids. If I had it my way I would take them on, but I'm just a step parent.. plus I feel like since he is the one making choices he doesn't let me discipline them. So they will grow up a menace as well or into drugs.

I will kick there ass out, what's even worse is he disregards the 4 month old says her crying he can't handle. I've been caring for her. It's bullshit..

Disneyfan's picture

:? :? :?

Are the kids and both parents still involved with the foster agency or not?

In case you didn't know, if your husband is making bad choices that end up landing the kids back into foster care, ALL KIDS IN THE HOME WILL BE REMOVED. They will not pull your SKs and leave your bio.

oregonducks's picture

No no one is evolved anymore it's civil..His children will get removed not mine I have nothibg to do with them..

oregonducks's picture

No no one is evolved anymore it's civil..His children will get removed not mine I have nothibg to do with them..

Disneyfan's picture

All of the children live in the same home. If your husband's dumb choices lead to him being deemed an unfit parent, that can result in ALL of the kids being pulled from the home.

They are not going to pull some kids from an unfit home/parent and leave others.

oregonducks's picture

If he's deemed unfit of his two my child n I have nothing to do with that. He will lose not me..

oregonducks's picture

If he's deemed unfit of his two my child n I have nothing to do with that. He will lose not me..

Rags's picture

:? Yes, a toxic bio parent re-entering the picture can cause this type of behavior. My own SS would have occassional bed wetting episodes until he was about 11. Usually just prior to or following a SpermLand visitation.

We talked about it. Had him examined by his Pediatrician... and when there was no physical or medical reason for it we fixed it.

We put him in pullups, and told him that he would not get any other clothing other than a shirt until he resolved the problem. We did this on Friday evening and told him he would wear the diaper to school beginning the next week. He spent the whole weekend in diapers and a T-shirt. His friends would periodically ring the bell to ask if he could come out. He refused to leave his room. He also refused to leave the house for that weekend. I wonder why?

On Sunday evening he came to his mom and I in normal clothing, handed us the package with the remaining diapers/pullups and told us he got the message and that it would not be a problem ever again.

And it never was.